MG 1.1 Thumbnails issue when youtube video

Neutral Singh

When i trying to post a youtube link tarting from a point in future... like t=13m05s

It does not show any thumbnail in the gallery homepage... just three big dots, i have tried to manually upload a thumbnail but it just does not show up... when i remove the time point, it stars showing up again...

Any ideas?

I've just given this a go locally, and it works fine. Do you have any add-ons which either add an additional YouTube BB code media site or replace the default one? Specifically any which may support the time setting in the URL (which XF doesn't support by default).

Have you got a specific video URL that doesn't work?

There's also no reason uploading a thumbnail manually wouldn't work.

Works fine for me with the exact URL you gave:
upload_2016-4-16_22-0-39.webp

It's worth noting that I believe S9E replaces some BB code media site definitions, and may add new ones. Disabling or uninstalling the add-on does not actually return the existing definitions to normal.

I currently suspect that add-on to be at fault. I would guess if you added the video here, the thumbnail will work.

That further cements my point.

We don't support the YouTube time stamp. Videos posted in the Gallery or in the forum will always start at the beginning regardless of the URL by default.

You must have a customisation that provides that feature.

We can only guarantee that we can create thumbnails for the default BB code media sites. Any others may require custom development to ensure thumbnails can be created.

Videos posted in the Gallery or in the forum will always start at the beginning regardless of the URL by default.

I fail to understand the wisdom of not allowing the video to start from a time stamp... this would allow us start a video from a timestamp which specifically stresses the point being made in the thread or media gallery... rather than watch the whole video... :rolleyes:

Quite a simple explanation, really.

The design of the system is such (and bear in mind it likely pre-dated this feature being available in YT) that we only support a single identifier being extracted from the URL.

So, essentially, the query string part of the URL becomes irrelevant.

There's a suggestion in the XF Suggestions forum for this to be supported in the future.

Top Bottom