Browser issue Thumbnail insertion isn't at the end of the message

Moshe1010

When creating a thread/writing a message, and after that inserting image thumbnail, it puts the thumbnail at the beginning of the text, which makes you to cut/paste the thumbnail to the end of your message; or clicking on your message and while the cursor is at the end, clicking on the thumbnail (instad of clicking Done and then inserting the thumbnail).
See video for demonstration:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Last edited:
I couldn't reproduce this when testing - it always inserted at the correct place for me. Is it consistent?

However, in general it's a tricky issue and one where I don't think anything will change. Some browsers handle the selection in the iframe differently when focusing elsewhere. Webkit generally keeps it (where as IE generally loses it entirely). The problem is that by the time we've been told that focus has moved, we would've already lost the selection.

I couldn't reproduce this when testing - it always inserted at the correct place for me. Is it consistent?

However, in general it's a tricky issue and one where I don't think anything will change. Some browsers handle the selection in the iframe differently when focusing elsewhere. Webkit generally keeps it (where as IE generally loses it entirely). The problem is that by the time we've been told that focus has moved, we would've already lost the selection.

It's consistent only if you press on "Done" after you finish writing. If you cursor stays at the end of the editor, it will insert the thumbnail at the end of the message.

Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about this - even if we could try something, I don't see any events being fired wheh the done button is clicked, so we can't actually react to it. As soon as that happens, it kills the selection information.

Sad to hear. Well, at least we now know to paste images where we want.

Maybe if a user has uploaded an attachment we should set the focus on the post and don't let him close the editing window by pressing 'Done'? Or at least show a message that'll help user figure out how to insert attachments right where he wants.

Top Bottom