1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thumbnail does not appear in facebook Wall post

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by vijayninel, Aug 24, 2011.

1. vijayninel

vijayninel Active Member

We use facebook to promote our forums with members. When we share some forum link with members, the Facebook page is unable to draw a image from attachments and create a thumbnail from it. The thumbnail image is important because it tells people something about the link and draws their attention towards it. Consequently the impressions are higher from a link with a thumbnail which relates to the topic of the link.

Our facebook pages are able to draw images from a vBulletin forum of ours but it is not able to draw images from a Xenforo forum and create thumbnails from it. We just get the members avatars which usually does not relate to the thread topic.

I request you to please look into this issue.
    jmurrayhead likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I have moved the thread from bug reports as this is not a bug.

Currently only the Facebook logo or author avatar is displayed from threads which are shared on Facebook.
  3. vijayninel

vijayninel Active Member

Then can I request that this thread be moved to the Suggestions forums as a feature request?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. vijayninel

vijayninel Active Member

Thanks Borgan, I will add my request to that thread.
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

7. vijayninel

vijayninel Active Member

Thanks for the link. This will be useful.