XF 1.1 Thumbnail and full image buttons missing

Deputy Dog

Hi folks,

Hope you will all forgive my newbie questions as I'm sure I will be posting quite a few of them until I get up to speed with xenForo.

Here's my issue. I just migrated a recently purchased website from one server to another. Apparently one or two fairly minor items broke in the transition. Here is a screen shot of "Upload Attached Files" dialog box on my old server:

image001.webp

and here is how the same page looks on my new server after the migration:

image002.webp
As you can see, the "Thumbnail & Full Image buttons and the small preview of the file are missing in action . Any help or instruction to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated. Remember, xenForo is new to me so please explain any suggestions in layman's terms!

Thanks!

The thumbnail and full image buttons are not available as the attachment is not being recognised as an image file.

Something appears to have been changed during the import from one server to another and the file is not being accepted as a valid JPG.

Typically this is when the file extension is incorrect, e.g JPG when it should be PNG.

Download the file and see if you can open it in a normal image program to confirm the extension.

Brogan,

I can download the file and then open it without issue using any image program. I used Picasa and ACDSee to confirm.

I have noticed these statements in my ACP server error logs that may be related to this issue as it tends to appear at the same time that an image is uploaded:

Mysqli statement execute error: Column 'album_id' cannot be null

Are all of the imported attached files showing like that?
I had the same problem with some (not all) images when I imported from phpBB.

The solution was to download the attachments, re-save them and then upload again.

A tedious process but it was the only way of resolving it without identifying and fixing the underlying issue and redoing the import.

Brogan,

No, all of the previously uploaded pictures (JPEG, PNG, etc.) that are part of the before the migration database display normally. All member photo albums likewise look fine. The problem seems to be with the uploader (flash?) module / function now after the migration. Sorry, I'm not really fluid yet with the hiearchy of the xenForo platform.

Doing an import shouldn't affect the functionality as the server files aren't affected.

Can you link me to your site and provide a test account so I can do some tests?

OK I've confirmed the problem.

You do though have a lot of add-ons installed and almost 3,000 entries in the error log, including some from today.

I ran the file health check and the only one which failed is: library/Merc/DonationProcessor/PayPal.php

I also tried disabling the flash uploader but the result was the same.

All I can suggest is you disable all add-ons and try using a default, unedited style.
It's possible that one or more of the installed add-ons are the cause of the problem but until we get back to a working baseline, we won't be able to determine which one(s).

Make sure you're set to GD if you're not already.

If you are, then GD is compiled without the necessary file type support options. Depending how PHP has been setup, you may need to recompile it. (Or talk to your host.)

A little more info.

This xF ACP error appears to be related to issue. Does it offer any clues?

Server Error Log

Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Column 'album_id' cannot be null - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 1:35 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/caninech/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/caninech/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/caninech/public_html/community/library/XfRu/UserAlbums/Model/Albums.php(218): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('????INSERT DELA...', NULL)
#3 /home/caninech/public_html/community/library/XfRu/UserAlbums/ControllerPublic/Albums.php(285): XfRu_UserAlbums_Model_Albums->logAlbumView(NULL)
#4 /home/caninech/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XfRu_UserAlbums_ControllerPublic_Albums->actionView()
#5 /home/caninech/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/caninech/public_html/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(64) "http://canine-chat.com/community/index.php?useralbums/kay.8/view"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["useralbums/kay_8/view"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I got the same error after a server migration....

Small Images of Attached Images show as a error:

Capture.webp

As the XenPorta uses this miniature images:

Capture1.webp

Image in normal sizes isnt have a problem to be show.

All kind of files, all kind of extension i take this error. Before the migration was normal. I changed the permission's path to 777, nut the error still there.

Any idea to solve it?

Top Bottom