Threadstarter Ribbon

Threadstarter Ribbon 2013-08-27

No permission to download
@Shelley there are instances where the starter ribbon appears on two separate members... any reason you can think of for that?
Sorry I don't know what may be causing that.

Little question, how to remove the ribbon in conversations ?

if you add .thread_view in front of the classes so it looks like so it should then only appear in the message areas and not PC

Code:
.thread_view .messageUserInfo .helper

If i bribe you with a really big lens flare picture, is there any way you could please upload a "Game Master" ribbon? same style as the starter one, just saying "Game Master"?

High-quality_lens_flare_rendering.webp

Any way to condition this on a "per forum" basis?

The following seems to work where you would put your own nodeID for the forums you want it to show in.

Code:
body.node10 .messageUserInfo .helper  {
  display: block;
  position: absolute;
  top: -4px;
  left: -4px;
  background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/starter.png") no-repeat  transparent;
  height: 56px;
  width: 56px;

}

So say you wanted to have it displaying in node10, 15 & 18 AKA forum x,y,z then the code for that would be as follows

Code:
body.node10 .messageUserInfo .helper, body.node15 .messageUserInfo .helper, body.node18 .messageUserInfo .helper {
  display: block;
  position: absolute;
  top: -4px;
  left: -4px;
  background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/starter.png") no-repeat  transparent;
  height: 56px;
  width: 56px;

}

For some reason, this displays over your avatar in the quick reply box. Even if you aren't the thread starter. So I decided to prevent it from displaying in the quick reply box entirely. For anyone else that wishes to do so, just add the below to your EXTRA.css

Code:
.quickReply .messageUserInfo .helper {
    display: none;
}

I already provided the css to hide the ribbon in quickreply further down the release thread. ;) http://xenforo.com/community/resources/threadstarter-ribbon.2274/ People will just have to read the full instructions on the chance they overlook the guide/resource.

Screenshot_1.webp

@Shelley , any possibility of changing the text on teh ribbon to 'Thread Starter'... a lot of letters there for the space I guess, but just wondering - some of my members related the word starter to their posting status...

Top Bottom