Staff have posted Ribbon

Staff have posted Ribbon

Shelley

Shelley submitted a new resource:

Staff have posted Ribbon - Staff have posted ribbon alternative placement and design

Summary: Use this as a guide where ribbon (design) is your design and adjust the css and styling to suit.

Install: Paste the following CSS into your EXTRA.CSS template and adjust the code to suit your design.

Code:
.message.staff .messageUserInfo .helper  {
  display: block;
  position: absolute;
  top: -6px;
  left: -6px;
  content: "testing";
  background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/staff-ribbon-posted.png") no-repeat  transparent;
  height: 107px;
  width: 107px;

}...

Read more about this resource...

Did you post the image or am I missing something D:

Think of it as a guide for you to put your own ribbon design. I could post the images but i feel people should start using their own designs but it's primarily more of a guide so people know the basics of what code to use and adjust to suit their preference and put their own unique stamp to this.

Some more screenies as I felt the initial images were a little too big.

Screenshot_5.webp Screenshot_6.webp

Think of it as a guide for you to put your own ribbon design. I could post the images but i feel people should start using their own designs but it's primarily more of a guide so people know the basics of what code to use and adjust to suit their preference and put their own unique stamp to this.

Some more screenies as I felt the initial images were a little too big.

View attachment 55243 View attachment 55244
Well then I don't think this should be a resource then, since people are looking for premade content to use. People may just go to your site and use the images, so I don't think it would promote custom content :/

Well then I don't think this should be a resource then, since people are looking for premade content to use. People may just go to your site and use the images, so I don't think it would promote custom content :/

Report it if you feel it shouldn't be a resource. It's a guide primarily like other guides I've posted without images that other people are prompted to use their own custom images. Eitherway, I'm happy to post it as a guide and will keep it here as it is.

Any kind of guide is a resource. If people start complaining over simple stuff like no images being attached and junk like that then awesome people like @Shelley will quit posting their guides, addons, etc.

It's a resource, and posted as a guide in Tips and Guides. It's perfectly fine as is, let's leave it at that.

Any kind of guide is a resource. If people start complaining over simple stuff like no images being attached and junk like that then awesome people like @Shelley will quit posting their guides, addons, etc.
It's just a bit misleading that it is not explained anywhere in the guide that you need a custom image, so it's not very comprehensive.

It's just a bit misleading that it is not explained anywhere in the guide that you need a custom image, so it's not very comprehensive.

From the description:

Summary: Use this as a guide where ribbon (design) is your design and adjust the css and styling to suit.

It says in the description ribbon design is your design. How is that misleading and not comprehensive?

From the description:

It says in the description ribbon design is your design. How is that misleading and not comprehensive?
Oh it's just worded awkwardly, must have threw me off. Sorry about that
The title is a bit awkward too, I'm getting my jimmies rustled everywhere.

Is this compatible with the thread starter resource you posted? I edited the template according to that resource but my staff banner is now only showing up for the thread starter's post.

It looks like this template edit for the other resource

Code:
<xen:if is="{$post.user_id} == {$thread.user_id} "><span class="helper"></span></xen:if>

stops this resource from working.

It looks like this template edit for the other resource

Code:
<xen:if is="{$post.user_id} == {$thread.user_id} "><span class="helper"></span></xen:if>

stops this resource from working.

Yeah, it's either use one or the other since they're using the same helper span.

I'm sure they'll be a way (someone more knowledgeable would need to step in). but it's something I'll certainly look at on my dev site the next time I re-visit this again. Might call for a slight re-design of the ribbons to have them displaying correctly in perfect harmony judging by the look of it.

Shelley updated Staff have posted Ribbon with a new update entry:

Added multi-coloured ribbons to the resource

This update consists of a variety of ribbon designs for members to select (if they aren't graphics savy) that they can use with this enhancement.

Instructions: You'll have to rename the title of the image to correspond to the css title. Just upload to your icons folder or any folder and ensure that you insert the correct path to the image in your css.

V1OvRiK.png

View attachment 55376

Read the rest of this update entry...

Here's a semi-transparent starter ribbon. It's 55 x 55 with -4 top and left offset so adjust the CSS accordingly.

helper-starter.webp

light.webp

dark.webp

And a similar staff ribbon, same dimensions

helper-staff.webp

having fun with all your tweaks, they're great.....

Top Bottom