RM 1.0 Threads to Resources - the process.

lazer

Hey all :)

So, we are getting ready to use the Resource Manager and would like to know the best process, that has worked, for moving/converting existing threads to resources.
  1. We would like to retain the OP of the thread -> Resource
  2. We would like to retain the discussions, if possible
  3. Do you (did you) close/hide the original forum, where your "resources" were, whilst you moved them to resources?
We have seen add-on's and other write-up's about this but were interested in hearing "real World" experiences and practices.
Cheers!

Hey all :)

So, we are getting ready to use the Resource Manager and would like to know the best process, that has worked, for moving/converting existing threads to resources.
  1. We would like to retain the OP of the thread -> Resource
  2. We would like to retain the discussions, if possible
  3. Do you (did you) close/hide the original forum, where your "resources" were, whilst you moved them to resources?
We have seen add-on's and other write-up's about this but were interested in hearing "real World" experiences and practices.

Cheers!

Hi,

You could either use the thread re-assign resource by Chris Deeming. http://xenforo.com/community/resources/resource-manager-thread-reassign.1560/

OR

You can merge the old thread with the thread created by the Resource Manager.

The add on is probably the best way. :)

Thanks.

I have seen Chris's add-on and yes, it would appear to tick the boxes although, following testing, we found that reassigning the resource AFTER (new resource) thread creation, does not reassign the thread starter to the resource owner.

As we see it, we will either need to go down the "merge" route or drop the replies in all threads before we migrate them to RM.

Correct. My add on is only designed to change the thread assigned to a resource. To change the thread's creator as well you'd need to use another addon. I have one called Change Thread Starter that does the job.

Top Bottom