1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Threads redirecting to Facebook

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Michael, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael Active Member

Hey everyone, my members are complaining about threads redirecting them to Facebook in Chrome, Safari but not Firefox, anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you.

2. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

Disable the Recommend Feature in ACP > Options > Facebook

Michael likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael Active Member

Thats what I have done for now and it seems to have fixed it, do you know if is this a bug with XF or with Facebook?

4. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

I don't know. Perhaps FB changed it's API and since XenForo is not being developed currently...

5. Cory Booth

Cory Booth Well-Known Member

February 6, 2013

The following change will go into effect on February 6th, 2013:​
    End of custom actions for content consumption
    We will no longer show Custom Open Graph actions that were published simply by a user consuming content. If you own one of these actions and it was previously approved, you will have received an email from us. Developers should stop publishing these actions as doing so will return an error starting February 6th. The only actions that can be published upon a user simply consuming content are built-in actions. For more info, see this blog post.​
    The following changes can be enabled/disabled using the "February 2013 Breaking Changes" migration until February 6th when it will go into effect permanently for everyone:​
    Authenticated referrals going away
    We will remove the Authenticated Referrals feature. You should instead use the Login Dialog.
    Create_event permission required to remove attendees from event
    We will require the create_event permission in order to remove attendees from an event a user admins.
    Minor change to admin.getAppProperties call
    When making an admin.getAppProperties call, we will now return an empty Android Key Hash field as [] instead of [""].
    Canonical URLs used when fetching Open Graph objects
    We will start using canonical URLs (e.g. the URL set in an og:url tag, 301/302 redirects, etc.) when fetching objects (e.g. http://graph.facebook.com?ids=http://developers.facebook.com).
    Offset no longer allowed when searching posts
    We will no longer allow the offset parameter to be used when searching stream posts (e.g. https://graph.facebook.com/search?q=watermelon&type=post). Please use since and until to do paging instead. For more info, check out this blog post.
    Curly bracket syntax for mentioning users in notifications going away
    We will no longer allow the curly bracket syntax ({USER_ID}) for mentioning users in notifications. Developers should instead use the new syntax (@[USER_ID]).
    Removing ability to post to friends walls via Graph API
    We will remove the ability to post to a user's friends' walls via the Graph API. Specifically, posts against [user_id]/feed where [user_id] is different from the session user, or stream.publish calls where the target_id user is different from the session user, will fail. If you want to allow people to post to their friends' timelines, invoke the feed dialog. Stories that include friends via user mentions tagging or action tagging will show up on the friend’s timeline (assuming the friend approves the tag). For more info, see this blog post.​
    The following change can be enabled/disabled using the "Picture as Dictionary" migration until February 6th when it will go into effect permanently for everyone:​
    Picture connection/field may return a dictionary
    We will start returning a dictionary containing the fields url, height, width, and is_silhouette when accessing the /picture connection for an object and specifying a callback property, a redirect=false parameter, or getting the picture field as part of a larger JSON response.​
    March 6, 2013

The following changes can be enabled/disabled using the "March 2013 Breaking Changes" migration until March 6th when they will go into effect permanently for everyone:​
    No more accessing mailbox FQL tables without a user session
    It will not longer be possible to access the message, thread, or mailbox_folder FQL tables without a user session.
    Removing apps from /me/accounts/
    We will no longer show apps under /me/accounts/ in the Graph API. You can access the list of apps a user is a developer on by hitting /me/applications/developer/.
    Removing redirect to docs when hitting graph.facebook.com
    We will no longer return a redirect to the Graph API docs when hitting the URL http(s)://graph.facebook.com with no path.​
    April 3, 2013

The following changes can be enabled/disabled using the "April 2013 Breaking Changes" migration until April 3rd when they will go into effect permanently for everyone:​
    Removing ability to POST to USER_ID/questions
    As it's no longer possible for users to create questions, we will remove this functionality from the Graph API. POSTs to USER_ID/questions will fail.
    Removing version property/column
    We will remove the 'version' column from the 'group' FQL table and the 'group' Graph API object.​

6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

None of these changes were relevant to how we use Facebook on our forums. I suspect this is a Facebook issue which they will resolve shortly. I haven't experienced any issues on any of my sites.

7. ManOnDaMoon

ManOnDaMoon Well-Known Member

http://socialnewsdaily.com/8410/facebook-connect/

ineedhelp and Chris D like this.
  8. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

Facebook is simply to big to fail. :D