XF 2.1 Thread viewable by author only

kankan

Hello
Anyway to set a forum where threads are viewable and editable by author or guest only ? (not other member/guest)
Can i set post permission to post for guest to a forum/category only ?
Or does that require mod/addon ?
Thanks

Good day. The permission View threads by others should achieve what you are wanting; if they can't view threads by others then they can't reply.

I have a couple of add-ons that take that permission a step or two further, they are paid add-ons, but it sounds like just setting/revoking that permission above will accomplish what you are inquiring about.

Guests can post new threads in a forum if you grant them the permission. You can also set the option to allow posting before registering (though the guest would then need to fill out the registration form after they post their message for it to be actually posted).

Thank you.

The permission View threads by others
is this option set in Nodes permission ?

if they can't view threads by others then they can't reply.
Do you confirm they can reply to their own thread only ?

I have a couple of add-ons that take that permission a step or two further, they are paid add-ons, but it sounds like just setting/revoking that permission above will accomplish what you are inquiring about.
What are those addons ?

is this option set in Nodes permission ?
Yes, it is set per node.
Do you confirm they can reply to their own thread only ?
If the permission View threads by others is set to No, and Post replies is set to Yes for that node.
What are those addons ?

Admin Tools - adds two new node permissions: Reply to own thread, and Reply to threads by others. This add-on does a lot more than that though, so it may have too much "overhead" if you are only interested in those two permissions.

Contacts - only members of a contact list a thread starter creates can view/reply to their threads. The permissions are also node based.

Thread Count - adds four new node permissions based on thread count: Minimum number of threads to view node, Minimum number of threads to create thread, Minimum number of threads to view threads by others, and Minimum number of threads to reply to threads by others.

Top Bottom