Thread Titles Manager

Thread Titles Manager 1.0.1 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
Get this error when I try to redirect a double thread title
Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "title" on null in src/addons/AV/ThreadTitles/Repository/ThreadTitle.php at line 84

XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/AV/ThreadTitles/Repository/ThreadTitle.php at line 84
    AV\ThreadTitles\Repository\ThreadTitle->findDuplicatesDetails() in src/addons/AV/ThreadTitles/Admin/Controller/TitleController.php at line 83
    AV\ThreadTitles\Admin\Controller\TitleController->actionDuplicatesDetails() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2353
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Get this error when I try to redirect a double thread title
Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "title" on null in src/addons/AV/ThreadTitles/Repository/ThreadTitle.php at line 84

XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/AV/ThreadTitles/Repository/ThreadTitle.php at line 84
    AV\ThreadTitles\Repository\ThreadTitle->findDuplicatesDetails() in src/addons/AV/ThreadTitles/Admin/Controller/TitleController.php at line 83
    AV\ThreadTitles\Admin\Controller\TitleController->actionDuplicatesDetails() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2353
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
Should be fixed in the PL I just released :)
Thanks for reporting this! :) 👍

@mazzly Here is what I was talking about with the menus, they all work together, but the long titles menu seems inconsistent with the rest of them:

Main menu:

1.webp

Duplicate menu:

2.webp

Short titles menu:

3.webp

Long titles menu:

4.webp

The big green one remains even though there is nothing wrong since the problems have been fixed. It should be like the rest of the menus, and only displayed if it finds a problem. I know not that big of a deal, just inconsistent.

@mazzly Here is what I was talking about with the menus, they all work together, but the long titles menu seems inconsistent with the rest of them:

Main menu:

View attachment 277788

Duplicate menu:

View attachment 277789

Short titles menu:

View attachment 277790

Long titles menu:

View attachment 277791

The big green one remains even though there is nothing wrong since the problems have been fixed. It should be like the rest of the menus, and only displayed if it finds a problem. I know not that big of a deal, just inconsistent.
Yep I'll look into where this one could be moved or similar! If nothing else I can make it optional to hide it from settings 😊👍

Yes Exactly. I can't see that function in moderation panel
Merge function is normally there, but not visible until you have more than one thread selected.

I find this odd in that if you only select one thread, you should be able to click on merger and then add the second thread.

Some suggestions....

Too short/too long pages in admin, can you put some filters or sort by number of views etc so we can target the most viewed pages for example.

Any thoughts around some helper functions to speed up cleaning these i.e. for too short titles /suggest auto insert first 70 characters of post into title. For too long truncate at X characters. I have 34000 too longs and a few thousand too short so practically speaking never going to get around to fixing them :) @mazzly

titles /suggest auto insert first 70 characters of post into title.
There’s a very good chance that will just make the titles irrelevant. It’s not the number of characters that is the issue here, it’s the fact that you want the title to say sobering relevant about the page and be a sort of call to action.
For too long truncate at X characters.
Again this defeats the object which is to address the fact the Google truncated the title. So needs to be replaced with something that is relevant within the optimal number characters

@mazzly just an idea, but whyt not prevent duplicate titles in the future?
I think it would be cool if this add-on could give a warning/deny or something when a user creates a new thread with a title that already exists.

@mazzly just an idea, but whyt not prevent duplicate titles in the future?
I think it would be cool if this add-on could give a warning/deny or something when a user creates a new thread with a title that already exists.
This would be great. I have like 1000 threads titled "black holes" 😭

Top Bottom