Lack of interest Thread Title Edit History

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

CTXMedia

After spending much of the evening trying (mostly in vain) to recover thread titles from someone who has rage-quit and trashed his threads and posts on the way out the door, I would like to suggest thread title edit history so we can revert thread titles back when members take deliberately destructive action.

Yes, as I'm sure someone will suggest, I could reduce the editing time window to some miniscule figure, but that is not the point of this suggestion - post history allows us to offer very long editing time windows for post content, I would like the same facility for thread titles (especially as the editing of them is directly controlled by the post editing time setting).

Thanks,
Shaun (y)

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Unless I'm missing something, thread title changes already show up in the edit history.
No they don't.

Yes, as I'm sure someone will suggest, I could reduce the editing time window to some miniscule figure
This wouldn't solve the problem anyway, unless you make post editing extremely short, which is not always practical. Even if a thread is only 10 minutes old, if you allow editing in that time frame you can't revert the title. Part of the issue is that although there is a separate edit thread title permission, there's no separate time limit, it uses the same one as for editing posts. Separate time limits would help, but I agree the ability to revert thread titles would be useful in circumstances like this.

Please don't add version prefixes into the thread titles of suggestions. They're somewhat pointless as there's no guarantee they'll be considered for a specific version.

Please don't add version prefixes into the thread titles of suggestions. They're somewhat pointless as there's no guarantee they'll be considered for a specific version.
Fair comment, I just naturally assumed you wouldn't consider this for XF1.x - but if you do, that would be great ... :LOL: :D (y)

Is there an open suggestion for this? It's a problem also with prefix edits. Admin edits a prefix, notices later it is changed back, wonders if it was the user, or the admin actually messed up the edit. The only history is in the moderator actions by staff and not users.