• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Thread Title Edit History

CyclingTribe

After spending much of the evening trying (mostly in vain) to recover thread titles from someone who has rage-quit and trashed his threads and posts on the way out the door, I would like to suggest thread title edit history so we can revert thread titles back when members take deliberately destructive action.

Yes, as I'm sure someone will suggest, I could reduce the editing time window to some miniscule figure, but that is not the point of this suggestion - post history allows us to offer very long editing time windows for post content, I would like the same facility for thread titles (especially as the editing of them is directly controlled by the post editing time setting).

Thanks,
Shaun (y)

Martok

Unless I'm missing something, thread title changes already show up in the edit history.
No they don't.

Yes, as I'm sure someone will suggest, I could reduce the editing time window to some miniscule figure
This wouldn't solve the problem anyway, unless you make post editing extremely short, which is not always practical. Even if a thread is only 10 minutes old, if you allow editing in that time frame you can't revert the title. Part of the issue is that although there is a separate edit thread title permission, there's no separate time limit, it uses the same one as for editing posts. Separate time limits would help, but I agree the ability to revert thread titles would be useful in circumstances like this.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Please don't add version prefixes into the thread titles of suggestions. They're somewhat pointless as there's no guarantee they'll be considered for a specific version.

CyclingTribe

Please don't add version prefixes into the thread titles of suggestions. They're somewhat pointless as there's no guarantee they'll be considered for a specific version.
Fair comment, I just naturally assumed you wouldn't consider this for XF1.x - but if you do, that would be great ... :LOL: :D (y)