Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab

Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab [Paid] 2.10.0

No permission to buy ($29.99)
Regarding the error, I see the path to the script seems to be wrong in your case, it should be "js/AL/ThreadThumbnail/" and it seems to miss the "js" part. Please make sure you have uploaded the "js" folder you can find in the package to your board. If you keep seeing the error, please post the URL to your forums and we will have a look.

Thank you!
Well, that would do it.. There is no /js/ folder packaged with your add-on when downloading the latest version (ThreadThumbnail-1.2.0 - Full ZIP) from your website.

Well, that would do it.. There is no /js/ folder packaged with your add-on when downloading the latest version (ThreadThumbnail-1.2.0 - Full ZIP) from your website.

Thank you for the report. We have fixed this and re-uploaded the corrected package. Please download it again and re-upload the files to fix the issue.

Thank you!

Hi there, love your addon!

In my case the feature, where the first image in the thread (and replys) will be used automatically as thumbnail, only works if the image is in the thread. If the first image is in a reply, it doesn't work (the function that I really need).
It looks like it works for the other customers of your addon, but not for me, and ideas what i could have forgot?
Screenshot-2018-3-31 Options [AL] Thread Thumbnail nightout club - Admin control panel.webp
ps: i don't have any errors and tested it without other addons

Thanks alot :)

Hi there, love your addon!

In my case the feature, where the first image in the thread (and replys) will be used automatically as thumbnail, only works if the image is in the thread. If the first image is in a reply, it doesn't work (the function that I really need).
It looks like it works for the other customers of your addon, but not for me, and ideas what i could have forgot?
View attachment 172274
ps: i don't have any errors and tested it without other addons

Thanks alot :)

Thank you for the feedback!

The product is designed to search for attachments and linked images in the first post only, as it is mentioned in the description of "Automatic Thumbnail" option. The reason to implement this so is to avoid large queries taking all thread posts and attachments, especially that in most of cases, based on our experience, "thread thumbnail" is considered an image to be attached/linked to the first post, instead of some unrelated reply later on. So most of admins would prefer not to have any automatic thumbnail if there is no image linked or attached to the first post at all. Please let us know your thoughts if you see any situations when this could be needed, and we will see how we can implement it.

Thank you!

Great support!

I'm imaging it as follows:
If the replies are included for the thumbnail search, it would be possible that other user could complete posts by adding a missing thumbnail, by simple posting an image under the thread. The big advantege would be that every user could do that (not only moderators - with the permission to edit the thumbnail directly - like it's working right now), therefore it would happen faster and moderators could do other, more important, stuff (or you need less moderators).
With that in mind, it would be great if you could consider to add an option, for setting a number, which limits the amount of replys which will be queried max to find an image for the thumbnail. If no image is found after that amount of replys, the query will stop. If this option is set to 0, only the thread will be searched for a thumbnail (no replies).

Thank you for the fast reply, this helpful addon and maybe you could consider implementing this feature.

-Xiomera

Great support!

I'm imaging it as follows:
If the replies are included for the thumbnail search, it would be possible that other user could complete posts by adding a missing thumbnail, by simple posting an image under the thread. The big advantege would be that every user could do that (not only moderators - with the permission to edit the thumbnail directly - like it's working right now), therefore it would happen faster and moderators could do other, more important, stuff (or you need less moderators).
With that in mind, it would be great if you could consider to add an option, for setting a number, which limits the amount of replys which will be queried max to find an image for the thumbnail. If no image is found after that amount of replys, the query will stop. If this option is set to 0, only the thread will be searched for a thumbnail (no replies).

Thank you for the fast reply, this helpful addon and maybe you could consider implementing this feature.

-Xiomera

Thank you for the reply. We will consider the option and will add it as soon as possible.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Rebuild thread thumbnails

In this version, we have added a new block in Rebuild Caches page allowing to rebuild thread thumbnails. This is required to trigger automatic thumbnails after changes in product's option controlling in which forums automatic thumbnails are enabled/disabled.

We are planning to implement an option to search several posts in the thread for a thumbnail instead of only the first post. The feature will be released in coming days.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello,

Just asking if there is option to "AUTO SELECTED" the first image as a Thread Thumbnail, instead of have to "check" the option while posting?

Thanks!

Hello,

Just asking if there is option to "AUTO SELECTED" the first image as a Thread Thumbnail, instead of have to "check" the option while posting?

Thanks!

Exactly, you can enable auto-detection of thumbnails in any forums you want, and after running the rebuild job we have added in the last version all threads will get thumbnails in the thread list if they have any images attached to their first post or an image in the post itself.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

New option: Post Count

In this release, we have implemented a new option to set the number of posts in the thread to search for an automatic thumbnail. The option is one by default, so product's behavior does not change after installation and only the attachments and images in the first post are considered.

We have also implemented an option to limit the posts parsed to thread starter's posts only. This way only thread starter will be able to set the thumbnail but will be able to do so by just posting another...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Disappointed to see there is no setting to turn off thread thumbnails completely for specific forums.

Disappointed to see there is no setting to turn off thread thumbnails completely for specific forums.

Sorry, it seems I misunderstood what you mean. The setting I have referred to disables automatic thread thumbnails, but users may still set the thumbnail manually. If you want to disallow setting the thumbnails manually as well, you should revoke the permission "Change Thread Thumbnail" for the specific nodes.

Just let us know if this still does not solve the case you have.

Thank you!

@AddonsLab why all my first thumbnail it shows with the avatar? this happens with all of my forums

1525379014850.webp

also in the template altt_thumbnail_radio it has an error can you see it?

1525379579853.webp

Last edited:
Sorry, it seems I misunderstood what you mean. The setting I have referred to disables automatic thread thumbnails, but users may still set the thumbnail manually. If you want to disallow setting the thumbnails manually as well, you should revoke the permission "Change Thread Thumbnail" for the specific nodes.

Just let us know if this still does not solve the case you have.

Thank you!

If you disable Automatic thumbnails or revoke change thread thumbnail permisson, no thumbnail image still displays in those forums. I want to disable this addons effects on some forums completely.

If you disable Automatic thumbnails or revoke change thread thumbnail permisson, no thumbnail image still displays in those forums. I want to disable this addons effects on some forums completely.

I see. We will implement the option asap and release the new version here.

Thank you!

@AddonsLab the first thread of all my forums list its shows only the avatar and the other the thumbnail, i try to change it manually the thumbnail in the first thread, but when i refresh the page it change it with the avatar.
This happens in all the forums

Top Bottom