XF 1.5 Thread suddenly missing?

xert77

Hi,

We had a thread on our forums, I moved it from one category to another & then started to edit it. All was fine, it was displaying in the new location, the edits were being displayed.

Suddenly 1 hour later I go to make some more changes and it's completely vanished?! It has 55000 views as it was linked from one of our videos. Is there anyway to get it back?

A thread just doesn't disappear for no reason.

Check your moderator and admin logs and see if someone deleted it. It might have been deleted accidentally or it might have been a deliberate act.

There doesn't seem to be anything else missing. I know that I perma deleted some spam threads which were light deleted in another category. Maybe it got deleted during that, it was in an entirely different category though.

The logs however don't say that I deleted anything, even the spam threads.

For now I have managed to recreate the page, just a shame it lost the view count and replies. Probably was just me being stupid :(

There doesn't seem to be anything else missing. I know that I perma deleted some spam threads which were light deleted in another category. Maybe it got deleted during that, it was in an entirely different category though.

The logs however don't say that I deleted anything, even the spam threads.

For now I have managed to recreate the page, just a shame it lost the view count and replies. Probably was just me being stupid :(

You can recover the view count by executing this sql query.

Code:
UPDATE `xf_thread` SET view_count = x WHERE thread_id = x;

And of course replace the x-es with the appropriate values. The view count that you want that thread to have, and the id of said thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom