Fixed Thread prefix text alignment slightly high

emc2

Hi KAM,

This is rather trivial but I guess it still is a bug - that is, if I'm seeing things correctly. The attached screenshot is taken on Chrome 25 (win 7 64bit) and it shows the prefix text doesn't seem to be vertically centered in the surrounding box.

bug.webp

Regards,
Emc2

Yup - the different is noticable - how about posting your CSS fix - it might make it easier for the devs (and customers) to incorporate the change. (y)

Yeah no worries. I'm sure there's a better way but this is what I did.

Find:

Code:
.discussionListItem .prefix, .searchResult .prefix {
font-size: 80%;
margin: 0;
line-height: 15px;
font-weight: normal;
}

Changed to:

Code:
font-size: 80%;
margin: 0;
line-height: 15px;
font-weight: normal;
position: relative;
top: -1px;
padding-top: 1px;
}

Regards,
Emc2

I added this to my EXTRA.css a long time ago to fix it:
Code:
line-height: 16px;
}

has this been changed for the XF 1.1.4 release ?

I still see Prefixes being positioned slightly lower than the Title-text....... am running on XF 1.1.4

Also on thread-view (when viewing a thread).

has this been changed for the XF 1.1.4 release ?

I still see Prefixes being positioned slightly lower than the Title-text....... am running on XF 1.1.4

Also on thread-view (when viewing a thread).

It's aligned. I just checked using guides in PS. What may be throwing you off is the padding which doesn't seem to be the same for the top and bottom. The top padding seems to be higher by 1px though i could be incorrect.

prefix_aligned.webp

prefix-align.webp

It's aligned. I just checked using guides in PS. What may be throwing you off is the padding which doesn't seem to be the same for the top and bottom. The top padding seems to be higher by 1px though i could be incorrect.

you are right, the text itself is aligned at the "bottom-line", but still it looks a bit odd.
Especially if you use a background-color for the "Title", then it shows even more clear that something is not aligned......

I actually mean the thread itself, not necessarily the thread-list. But still also looks a bit misaligned at the thread-list.

Maybe it is because the font-size is different ? Or maybe it is just a Fatamorgana I am seeing :cool:

see this:

prefix_alignment1.webp

prefix_pixel.webp

Don't forget that isn't the bottom edge of the fonts - characters such as g, q, j, etc. will go below that.

Essentially though you just need to edit the CSS to suit your site, which is what I did.

Don't forget that isn't the bottom edge of the fonts - characters such as g, q, j, etc. will go below that.

Essentially though you just need to edit the CSS to suit your site, which is what I did.

Yeah, alot of the time it's just a trick visually that when those characters are used it gives the illusion that there's alignment issues. I found it wouldn't matter how much you adjusted things some characters will look out of alignment when they're not whilst other prefixes look fine.

If that made sense, did to me. :P If it's an issue you can't live with you could use all caps I suppose.

Top Bottom