Fixed Thread prefix styling lost during upgrade to XF2

RobinHood

Affected version
I've just noticed that it looks like all the thread prefix colours that I had previously selected before the upgrade have been reset to the first value.

I was using lots of the predefined colours in the image below, now they're all set to the default styling.

1520182269018.webp

Well, you're in the Admin CP there so the master style is what is active (e.g. the actual master style, rather than the XF default or your own default). I'm not sure exactly what method you used before to style the list in the Admin CP, but it's not something we support, if you were previously using XF2.

The approach in XF1 was different so it may have been possible to preview the actual prefix colours in the Admin CP.

If this affects the front end as well, after an upgrade to XF2 from XF1, then obviously because of the changes between the versions then any customisations would need to be re-applied.

Sorry, maybe crossed wires, I didn't custom style the existing prefixes as such, for a number of the prefixes I created in XF1 I had selected colours from the list of options in the image above to style them.

I figured that would be something that would carry over on upgrade and be independent of any themes installed, but it seems they were all reset to the first option checked in the image, effectively removing the styling options previously set.

Just to confirm, then, every single one of your original XF1 prefixes is basically now "plain text" rather than using the original colours (or equivalent)?

Since my last reply, I've looked at the code and I think I've identified the issue.

There is indeed a bug. It's not really possible to recover from it without restoring the xf_thread_prefix table from a backup of your XF1 and I can give you some instructions (and updated code) that will run that upgrade step again, correctly. Or it's just a case of manually fixing them all.

Top Bottom