XF 1.1 Thread Prefix Management and Groups

I love it, but here is my suggestion and I don't think I've seen it yet. Is there a way to specifically set the default prefix for all new threads in a particular forum. So if I want all new threads in my "Applications" forum to have the default prefix of "Pending", can I do that?
At the time that you asked, no, it couldn't.

Now though...

View attachment 19333

Total time to implement? Seven minutes.
This is the kind of stuff I love to see. (y)

Suggestion: Put the Default Thread Prefix line to the bottom, this makes it more clear that you have to choose the default prefix from the available prefixes.
or use a little JS magic and only allow selection of the prefixes that are selected underneath.

I know it's early days yet - but just wondering if you have any thoughts about how well the thread prefix system might work (performance-wise) with a very large number of prefixes being defined (eg, 1200+ prefixes split into around 100 different groups).

I currently have my vB forums on zoochat.com set up this way where I have one forum per country (around 100 countries) and each zoo has its own prefix (over 1200 in total, and growing). This allows a thread to be created either at a "country" level, or at a "zoo" level and allows users to see either an overview of all threads for a country, or drill down and show only threads for a specific zoo.

I think the new XF prefixes will work quite well - but just wanted to check that there are no obvious limitations (with that many prefixes) that you are aware of which might cause things to go horribly wrong for me when I eventually migrate across.

I still need to deal with the performance issues of having 2,000 different forums for our photo galleries - but that's a separate problem.

Top Bottom