Lack of interest Thread Paging / bigger, better, faster, more

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Doesn't really work.

Thread titles can be long. That would make the page navigation potentially at completely different positions all the way up and down the thread list.

It would make it less user friendly in my opinion.

I am all for it being bigger, better, faster etc. as you say, but next to the thread title is not suitable.

The relative position of the page navigation (as it currently stands) remains within a very small window of pixels. Thread titles can cause this window of possible locations to exponentially grow.

The relative position of the page navigation (as it currently stands) remains within a very small window of pixels. Thread titles can cause this window of possible locations to exponentially grow.

exponentially ?

I thought there is a "character-limit" on thread-titles.... ?

In terms of screen real estate, yes, it is exponential. Right now, its confined to roughly 50px for a starting point (probably smaller). If each letter can be ~8px, and I think the limit is 75 (haven't looked) that's a possible 75*8 points of starting the page navigation. The user experience would suffer, so I'm in agreement with Chris here.

Top Bottom