1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Thread not showing in "New Posts"

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Viral Hide, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Viral Hide

Viral Hide Member

Hey guys,
    I'm having this problem from some time now and still can't think of a way to fix it.

The issue is with just one thread that is never displayed in the "new posts" tab. I haven't done anything different about this thread. Any ideas why this is happening?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is it from a forum which has been set not to show in new posts?

3. Viral Hide

Viral Hide Member

No, I get all the threads from the same forum in the "new posts" list but not that one. It's really weird.

4. Brogan

Is anyone on your ignore list?

5. Viral Hide

Viral Hide Member

Not a single member.

6. Brogan

I can't think of any other reason why that would happen.

An add-on may be involved.

7. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

I'm getting a similar situation. Does 1.36 have the same permission? I don't see anything that says "do not list in new posts"?

EDIT: What triggers the "new post" showing? Does it happen on a browser refresh or does it need a new login ocurrance?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's a per forum option: "Include threads from this forum when users click "New Posts"". It should exist in 1.3. That (or the thread already being considered read) are the only reasons (out of the box) that would cause things to not be shown in new posts.

9. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

I looked and verified that the options for every forum has "include threads from this forum when users click New Posts" checked.

Only one user is complaining about New Posts. Is there anything per user that could prevent New Posts showing?
    He mentioned he did not see his own posts listed under New Posts.

10. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Based on this, it sounds like a misunderstanding of what's a new post. Posts you have read (or more correctly, have viewed) are not new; a post you made yourself is, by definition, read so it doesn't show up. He can click the "recent posts" link from the new posts page if he wants to see already viewed stuff as well.

11. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

Thanks Mike.