XF 1.4 Thread not showing in "New Posts"

Hey guys,
I'm having this problem from some time now and still can't think of a way to fix it.

The issue is with just one thread that is never displayed in the "new posts" tab. I haven't done anything different about this thread. Any ideas why this is happening?

Is it from a forum which has been set not to show in new posts?

I'm getting a similar situation. Does 1.36 have the same permission? I don't see anything that says "do not list in new posts"?

EDIT: What triggers the "new post" showing? Does it happen on a browser refresh or does it need a new login ocurrance?

Last edited:
It's a per forum option: "Include threads from this forum when users click "New Posts"". It should exist in 1.3. That (or the thread already being considered read) are the only reasons (out of the box) that would cause things to not be shown in new posts.

I looked and verified that the options for every forum has "include threads from this forum when users click New Posts" checked.

Only one user is complaining about New Posts. Is there anything per user that could prevent New Posts showing?
He mentioned he did not see his own posts listed under New Posts.

He mentioned he did not see his own posts listed under New Posts.
Based on this, it sounds like a misunderstanding of what's a new post. Posts you have read (or more correctly, have viewed) are not new; a post you made yourself is, by definition, read so it doesn't show up. He can click the "recent posts" link from the new posts page if he wants to see already viewed stuff as well.

Top Bottom