Thread Navigation by Waindigo [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Thread Navigation by Waindigo - Adds previous/next links to your threads, including the ability to quick preview.

Description:
This add-on adds next and previous links at the top and bottom of every thread allowing easy navigation between threads.

Options include allowing a preview of the next/previous thread to be shown when you hover over the respective link.

This add-on obeys permissions, linking you only to threads that you can view (including...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Reactions: DRE
does not work for PixelEdit Core theme... <---- IT WORKS!
does not work for threads promoted to articles

seems to work just fine out of the box Default Xenforo style

Last edited:
This fix by Waindigo worked.

The template modification in this add-on is selfish in that it searches for some template code and then changes that template code so that the same template modification wouldn't work for any other add-on. @JulianD should be able to change his template modification to be unselfish by just removing the <div class="linkGroup SelectionCountContainer"> bit from the pattern and replacement.

Does this work on the New Post discussion list? In other words, if a user was reviewing a list of new posts could this be used to navigate only the new post list if that selection was initially chosen?

Does this work on the New Post discussion list? In other words, if a user was reviewing a list of new posts could this be used to navigate only the new post list if that selection was initially chosen?
No, this wouldn't work as that information isn't passed in the URL currently. Do drop me a PM if this is something you would be interested in contributing towards though as it is a really nice idea.

I'm a bit confused what you are after. Do you mean the carousel thing at the bottom? I don't get the hover effect, but maybe that's because I'm on a touchscreen PC.

I don't have touch screen PC, so I am not sure what do you see, but I attached 3 screens:

1. The screen I see when the page is loaded.

Screen1.webp

2. The screen when you hover over the right arrow (you see the next thread title and thumbnail).

Screen2.webp

3. The screen when you hover over the left arrow (you see only the thread title as there is no image in thread).

Screen3.webp

I think it is looking very cool this way and with this add-on it would be just awesome to have to display this way previous and next threads.

Top Bottom