Thread Navigation by Waindigo [Deleted]

Superb addon!

As SEO perspective, can we add rel="next" & rel="prev" to this links? (http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.in/2011/09/pagination-with-relnext-and-relprev.html)

But i think the addon adds a "Next" and "previous" suffix to every link making it an entirely different URL from the original?
There is an option in the add-on to use the exact link instead (although this does require extra database queries when viewing threads). The problem with using rel="next" and rel="prev" is that the link may change as it is based on the current ordering (e.g., most recent reply). I'm not sure whether Google would appreciate this.

Any way to go to the next unread post in a thread when clicking next instead of to the first message of that thread?

Any news on whether this will be added as a feature in the near future?

I think I've noticed an issue that makes it more than a "nice to have". If you use the navigation to go to a thread that has unread posts, and then you click "Go To First Unread", it'll jump all the way to the last post. It seems that the act of going to the thread (which goes to the first post) changes the read date of the thread, so that when you make a request for unread posts there appears to be done.

Any input on this would be great. Other than that it's a great add-on!

I dont believe, that would be all addons, that changed to payed versions. :(

The Big Point is, that with payed addons often is no realy better support given. So look at Snipers Photo Contest Add-on now and many others just bevore.

Has anybody calculated a actualy IPB vs vBulletin vs WoltlabBB vs Xenforo? My feel says, the price for the same will be on the Xenforo side higher, then by other forum solutions. Most actualy addons will be payed versions, most with own copyright (yes, I can also pay for copyright free ;) ) but this push the price level higher and higher... (n)

Whats next? Should I sell my translations? No, I give it to the community for free - but I feel like a idiot, when I do so. :whistle:

I dont believe, that would be all addons, that changed to payed versions. :(

We did not change all of the add-ons, only around 20 or so. We still have nearly 300 free add-ons.

The Big Point is, that with payed addons often is no realy better support given. So look at Snipers Photo Contest Add-on now and many others just bevore.

I'm not sure who that is, or what that add-on is, but we do support our paid products.

Whats next? Should I sell my translations? No, I give it to the community for free - but I feel like a idiot, when I do so. :whistle:

If that's what you want to do, sure. What is the problem with charging for our work? We are an actual company, with physical offices and 8 full time employees. Do you expect to get a new stereo, speakers, or anything else for your car for free?

We uninstalled addon a while ago and constantly google tell us this links are 404 error . Looks like some parts on code or somthing left after uninstall , as gogole tells us we have 20k+ links with 500 error . plz help may be there is some url code wants removed when we uninstalled
here is screenshot

cec53cb291ee324bfd9b99785a36b256.png

Here is timeline when we uninstalled addon , and errors started appearing

d33a53c6cb2d245cc3322e4588faddab.png

@Anton_Bodryachkom I'm experiencing the same issue. How did you end up handling it?

Was this resource sold to a new owner, who was that? Trying to find where it went.

Top Bottom