Lack of interest Thread Gallery

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Would be nice to have a feature that allows viewing all images from a thread on one page. Maybe something similar exists?
Errr... maybe the media gallery and setting it so that all attachments are mirrored to a gallery entry?

Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 4.16.58 AM.webp

You would need to do a media gallery category for each forum... if you want to see an example of it in action

Thanks for the answer, but I mean gathering images from one thread, and without needing to set up anything, there are too many topics to set now.

Err... it's not really that "hard" to "set up anything". You simply need the XF add-on. I think what you want is a feed that shows images in a node...
You were simply given a solution.. albeit one that requires purchasing an additional 1st party add-on...so I seriously doubt that XF developers will put a feature they already offer via a 1st party add-on into the base script. That's kind of the WHOLE point of a medial gallery add-on.. you know, to feature image/gallery content.

It honestly sounds like what you need is a 3rd party extension.. as it sounds pretty much an edge use case.

Last edited:

This thread will mirror content to albums if needed. I also have a suggestion for this feature in my signature.

I honestly think having to set up a "thread" itself to mirror would get burdensome unless you dumped every thread into one generic category.... Simply set up a node, require your users to post in there and if they don't want to follow the rules, use moderation to force compliance.
I could see a "thread only" getting to be into the minutia zone. I COULD see the benefit of being able to "mirror" an image directly from a thread (by a moderator/admin) into an media gallery location... but from what I'm gathering, the OP wants a news feed type setup for all images posted in a certain area.

1672169923202.webp

Click "Create new album", select category, (optional) add title, select mirror current attachments if there are any. It can also be done after a thread has been made and will mirror all the attachments there too.

This works for things where you have picture contests, or events where pictures are going to be shared (concerts, birthdays, conventions), where you are expected to share picture of yourself or things (selfies, pets, cars).

🤷‍♂️ it's gotten more traction for the media gallery for me, and made my life easier after having commissioned it.

Create a Search Forum to determine the thread(s) you want (it works like Batch Update Threads so you can fine tune it), make it hidden from forum view so it is just there to do the work, and then mirror the attachments to the Gallery.

This works for things where you have picture contests, or events where pictures are going to be shared (concerts, birthdays, conventions), where you are expected to share picture of yourself or things (selfies, pets, cars).

Yep, it's what I am doing in for both my Astrophotography nodes. Centralizes the images into one easily found area.

Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 4.23.24 PM.webp

Top Bottom