1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Thread edit history

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Alfa1, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

We need a thread history log, so that we can see whether a thread was renamed, moved, split, merged, etc.
    Coming from other software, migrating to Xenforo, the lack of this function implies data loss.

I hope to see this function implemented in an upcoming release, because its vital.
    kailew and xf_phantom like this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

These are all moderator permissions and therefore already logged in the Admin CP Moderator Log
  3. Syndol

Syndol Guest

4. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

These need to be visible on the front end. Otherwise it costs a lot of time for moderators.

5. Ralle

Ralle Active Member

I really hope this feature makes it in XenForo 1.2.
  6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

All what would be needed is to display these actions in an overlay accessible from the thread.
    And of course the importer would need to support it.
  7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm still a firm believer in the people who need access to that stuff should be given access to the Admin CP. It's important to remember that someone can have as much or as little access to the Admin CP features as you like.

A load of our moderators have access to the Admin CP for user management purposes.

The earlier argument of the time cost is pretty negligible. It takes seconds to go to the right page in the Admin CP. Even quicker if you place a direct link to the log in an accessible place.
  8. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

9. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Does this new function cover post deletions, post moving, thread merging and thread renaming?
  10. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

As mentioned in the HYS, it's basically showing anything in the moderator log for the thread or posts within the thread.
    Alfa1 likes this.