This is GENIUS.

It's quite shocking how....uptight...some people are. :coffee::rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with a good prank IMO.

Also bringing up the royal incident is very low considering the circumstances. It's well know that that poor lady already had issues. If you genuinely think those two radio hosts could even begin to think that someone would kill themselves over something as simple as a prank call then you're deluded. That lady had to have other things going on that pushed her over the edge.

(Note: I'm not excusing what they did, but it really doesn't belong in this thread!)

I am shocked by some of the statements in this thread too.

Pranking is the ultimate in selfishness.. it's only goal is to humiliate someone else and thus gain a good laugh at their expense, of course there is a scale and not all pranking is dangerous or harmful, but it's always laughing at someone else, not a pleasant thing at the very least. Sometimes it is done in genuine fun, and no one gets hurt, and sometimes there are very serious ramifications to that, like in the Royal prank call case, the lady was suicidal... now the pranksters didn't know that, but that is not the point, this event tipped her over the edge.

Those who claim they can't see the truth of that, are being disingenuous.

In the words of Ted from Scrubs...

"Too much Ha Ha, pretty soon Boo hoo"

I am shocked by some of the statements in this thread too.

Pranking is the ultimate in selfishness.. it's only goal is to humiliate someone else and thus gain a good laugh at their expense, of course there is a scale and not all pranking is dangerous or harmful, but it's always laughing at someone else, not a pleasant thing at the very least. Sometimes it is done in genuine fun, and no one gets hurt, and sometimes there are very serious ramifications to that, like in the Royal prank call case, the lady was suicidal... now the pranksters didn't know that, but that is not the point, this event tipped her over the edge.

Those who claim they can't see the truth of that, are being disingenuous.

In the words of Ted from Scrubs...

"Too much Ha Ha, pretty soon Boo hoo"

Quite frankly, theres nothing wrong with harmless fun. If everyone went around walking on eggshells because "maybe that person is suicidal" then i'd of missed out a lot of laughs in my time being the prankster and the "victim" of both people I know and people I dont.

So, the original video I posted. Whats wrong with some fun like that? MAYBE the person in the window has a heart condition? Maybe the prank gave them a heart attack.

Well, if they had a heart condition so serious watching an unmanned car drive past gives them a heart attack, then they're in the wrong job.

I agree with Rick. Theres some seriously uptight people here. What started out as some fun videos, is now a debate on "the morality of pranking" and "harassment". Such a sad age we live in sometimes when people are happy to advocate guns for everyone, but pranking is off limits?

Like...

YOLO LITTM

It's quite shocking how....uptight...some people are. :coffee::rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with a good prank IMO.

Also bringing up the royal incident is very low considering the circumstances. It's well know that that poor lady already had issues. If you genuinely think those two radio hosts could even begin to think that someone would kill themselves over something as simple as a prank call then you're deluded. That lady had to have other things going on that pushed her over the edge.

(Note: I'm not excusing what they did, but it really doesn't belong in this thread!)

I wouldn't say it's uptight people. To be uptight wouldn't you have to bring in a million other factors that determined that just because they think pranking is and can be dangerous? I call that being sensible, unselfish not uptight.The fact is if one of your loved ones (generalising here not directed at you) got injured, severely disabled or emotionally distressed because of a prank you wouldn't be turning the other cheek, nor would you be happy and look at it as a prank.

I personally am always up for a good laugh, that's just me I suspect others would be too but because pranking is something they may not agree with doesn't put them in a group of the "uptight". One could argue pranksters are a group that (as Jake stated) attention whoring seeking people who have to fill a void in their life due to the lack of one, a life. I'm not saying all pranks are bad but I think if your going to prank someone, do it with someone you know that won't result in their well being.

Take the royal incident for example: Obviously the victim wasn't in the right state of mind but shouldn't have the pranksters did some research? why would you prank a nurse which is a profession that helps people? The nhs is at bursting point with nurses working long hours, seeing the ugly side of life and in my mind most do an amazing job. why target an innocent individual like this?

As for this doesn't belong in this thread your wrong, very wrong. If we're going to discuss pranking we should also discuss the adverse affects pranking can bring it's not always happy endings with both parties having a laugh at the end of it more often than not it can leaving a long lasting impact on peoples lives, much like the children who have to grow up without a mother induced by a prank that went wrong.

The range of reactions within this thread should tell you all you need to know about pranking.

Half think it is hysterical, and half think it is harrasment.

So do you advocate imposing your sense of "fun" on everyone else?

And I love how abusive the pro prankers are lol it does show a certain mentality of bullying frankly, that we can't disagree without the insults coming out - as it happens I am the very opposite of uptight, and you certainly won't find me advocating anyone owning a gun, nor am I a Sad sack, nor Low for having an opinion different to others in here.

You wanna know what's wrong with the first video? It wastes a businesses time, it clearly upsets/worries the young girls in the booth, and all the staff of this business are then involved in this "prank" no doubt leaving things unattended that shouldn't be, in a kitchen situation there are dangers everywhere, and it is absolutely not the place for pranking.

But hey, so long as you enjoyed it, it's all good fun!

So do you advocate imposing your sense of "fun" on everyone else?

Yep, because if people can't enjoy a bit of harmless fun, then why should they equally as impose being boring on me ;)

It wastes a businesses time

30 seconds of enjoyment. Probably increased productivity because the staff would have something to joke and laugh about after, happier workers = more productive workers.

it clearly upsets/worries the young girls in the booth,

Dunno what video you watched, the one I watched most of them burst out into laughter. The ones that didn't just seemed confused.

no doubt leaving things unattended that shouldn't be, in a kitchen situation there are dangers everywhere

Thats called worker responsibility, I doubt any of them left sharp knifes lying on the floor in the reach of children.

Pranking is the ultimate in selfishness.. it's only goal is to humiliate someone else

Thats a rather bold statement to make. I don't see any humiliation at all, I see a lot of people having a very good laugh at comical situation.

Wait until you have a food business of your own, and then tell me how amusing it is to be randomly pranked by some juvenile with nothing better to do.

Interestingly the only ones who pull pranks are young immature men, you rarely see women pranking, nor mature men, hmmm interesting indeed.

I think we shall have to agree to disagree on this one... so in answer to your original question.. NO it is not genius.

Wait until you have a food business of your own, and then tell me how amusing it is to be randomly pranked by some juvenile with nothing better to do.

Interestingly the only ones who pull pranks are young immature men, you rarely see women pranking, nor mature men, hmmm interesting indeed.

I think we shall have to agree to disagree on this one... so in answer to your original question.. NO it is not genius.

Incidentally I used to run a computer repair shop. We had a couple of good pranks in our time. Recall this one? We had someone come in with a replica of this, book it in to be examined and left. When one of the guy sopened the laptop bag to see that inside, it was great fun.

As for your insinuated maturity comment. Well, no comment, you should watch some more TV ;) (impractical jokers would be a good one for you to try)

But indeed, I guess we wont see eye to eye, and... there was no original question. My comment was a statement :)

LOL hahahahahaha, now that is funny! And totally harmless, unless the guy came back and tried to claim he had left a real one, and engaged in argument over it.. secretly filmed it, and put it on Youtube, but hey, no one would do that would they!

Thanks but no thanks on the TV front, I don't watch any.

Statement or question, I am in dissension, I don't find it genius.

And totally harmless, unless the guy came back and tried to claim he had left a real one, and engaged in argument over it.. secretly filmed it, and put it on Youtube, but hey, no one would do that would they!

Actually we wanted him to come back, we "upgraded" his powerbook, gave him a new ultra slim keyboard (taken from a dropped laptop), a high res screen (tinfoil) speaker system (from one of those birthday cards that plays a tune when you open it) and a printout of the back of a real powerbook wrapped around the folder for that authentic powerbook look.

Unfortunately he never came back, we did get a nice laptop bag out of it though!

*stares at Kim's avatar*

drool.gif

Top Bottom