Third Party Facebook Forums App

Just wanted to clarify this further... One cannot lose something one never had, in this case, FB Forum traffic.

A few hundred people are using FB forums at the moment. Each person that registers at the forums and reply to a thread DRIVES in more people to that thread(his/her friends get invited), if that person has 250 friends, at least 10-20 of those friends will click to see what he/she posted(thread content) on the forum... If the subject interests that friend, he/she will click on your link to read the full post on your forum... and that is TRAFFIC you gained, not lost.

Hmmm... it looks like a third party App. Not facebook.
Yup, it's a 3rd party app.

It's definitely third party.

I have no doubt that if Facebook themselves did a forum solution it would be significantly more polished.

That said, I'm not sure that forums really fit with the Facebook model. I wouldn't be surprised if they have no plans to add discussion tools over and above what they already have.

Just wanted to clarify this further... One cannot lose something one never had, in this case, FB Forum traffic.

A few hundred people are using FB forums at the moment. Each person that registers at the forums and reply to a thread DRIVES in more people to that thread(his/her friends get invited), if that person has 250 friends, at least 10-20 of those friends will click to see what he/she posted(thread content) on the forum... If the subject interests that friend, he/she will click on your link to read the full post on your forum... and that is TRAFFIC you gained, not lost.

Yup, it's a 3rd party app.
All absolutely true. BUT... As you have just described how effective and viral it works, you have also described how strong this could be as competition to your forum. People will be prompted to join the facebook forum discussion, which may be at the expense of normal forum discussion on the same topic.

I wonder how easy it would be to start a facebook forum and then just invite all facebook members that have liked related content or friended the admins of competing websites or icons in the niche. From a quick glance I see tens of thousands of people that I could theoretically invite in my niche. I'm glad my site is in an adult niche, so its probably not at risk.

In any case: this gives a whole new meaning to 'join us on facebook'.

All absolutely true. BUT... As you have just described how effective and viral it works, you have also described how strong this could be as competition to your forum. People will be prompted to join the facebook forum discussion, which may be at the expense of normal forum discussion on the same topic.

I wonder how easy it would be to start a facebook forum and then just invite all facebook members that have liked related content or friended the admins of competing websites or icons in the niche. From a quick glance I see tens of thousands of people that I could theoretically invite in my niche. I'm glad my site is in an adult niche, so its probably not at risk.

In any case: this gives a whole new meaning to 'join us on facebook'.

Of course, I have yet to find a site that has no competition.

You guys worry way too much, I started a free forum over at Lefora and it did not run any of the mainstream Shakira forums off the web, free forums have their limitations and will become massive spam magnets.

http://shakira.lefora.com/

The new owners can't even get the Google ads to display properly, they purchased the entire network recently from Lefora founders just to plaster ads on all the forums.

This is NOT good news I have to say, most Facebook users will now turn towards using other forums off people in their friends list e.t.c. Keeping them on their FB service still, and because FB are offering to host it all free themselves, this is making the FB features used on forums like XenForo, vBulletin and IPB (which have nothing to do with FB). Even more obsolete if you want my opinion.

I do feel this is yet another nail in the coffin by Facebook for other forums owners not using their services. How can you compete with this now? Free forums offered by FB to it's billions of users. Your going to start seeing the Web flooded with FB forums shortly making things much harder all-round.

Hell, you might now see many owners of forums like vBulletin, XenForo, IPB and others saving their money, throwing the towel in and opening both an FB account and forum for free instead.

It's definitely third party.

I have no doubt that if Facebook themselves did a forum solution it would be significantly more polished.

That said, I'm not sure that forums really fit with the Facebook model. I wouldn't be surprised if they have no plans to add discussion tools over and above what they already have.

But it's new right now, the same way XenForo is. I would expect they WILL be looking to improve things further with it down the line, it makes no sense they wouldn't want too. Especially if they see it's working well for them. The same way they've improved Facebook itself over the years and built on it's success to keep it at the number one spot.

It's not really a small App they've created here in a sense, it more along the lines off possibly becoming just as big and much used as members FB accounts.

LOL GTB, I think you are going way overboard in your statements, this is not a new idea, like I said, if it was so great why did Lefora just sell out, none of their free forums burned up and put out of business any of the mainstream forums online with their own domains.

Lefora, is not Facebook though (don't confuse the two) The same way MySpace is now history because of FB's success, and I shouldn't really have to say more than that. Facebook has billions of users, take note of that humongous figure I just said (billions). Surely you must see what that could mean with many of those users starting new FB forums overnight.

And what that could mean also for your puny little (already) struggling forum. I just think it should not be viewed with a pinch of salt, this could mean a lot for us forum owners, but time will tell.

I imagine that I could have an authority site like your forum if I deleted my database once a week, LOL man, you are blowing hot air as usual.

AND YOU TALK ~@_+&*^ AS USUAL :rolleyes:

I WANT TO RUN A FORUM LIKE YOU THAT HAS A PERSONAL VENDETTA AGAIN DIGITAL POINT OWNER SHAWN, JUST BECAUSE HE BANNED YOU!!!!! LMAO!

GTB, I get a kick out of your writings as you know, your problem is as all of us know, is the preservation and the integrity of the content, you have a bad habit of deleting the entire history of what you write and that of those who have contributed to your forums, so maybe you should engage in the free forum business because few take any of that seriously.

Yay! - a Facebook forum!!

Should keep even more spammers away from quality forums :D I may even put a link to it in my registration page (j/k)

LOL GTB, grasping at straws now ???

vBulletin banned me too !!

So what does that prove ??

Are they on the right side of the issue or was I ?

Do you think DP was on the right side of the integrity issue in regard to me ?

LOL, you have no idea what you are talking about man !!

GTB, I get a kick out of your writings as you know, your problem is as all of us know, is the preservation and the integrity of the content, you have a bad habit of deleting the entire history of what you write and that of those who have contributed to your forums, so maybe you should engage in the free forum business because few take any of that seriously.

Well, if your talking about your own written contributions on my forum made in the past. Yes, let's think back now shall we, your the person who likes to use "BIG BOLD" letters to annoy people with your spam postings (hence why I did the same above to take the mikey out of you). You use a different IP address each time you visit to get around any basic IP bans, which you took advantage off to create multiple members accounts on Digital Point, used to rip people off and why you ended up getting banned there, which later lead to your one-man war personal vendetta again him on your own forum board.

Yes, all your spamming on my forum was removed and always will be. And as you know, I had to impose a complete global ban on your ISP later via htaccess to stop you carrying on doing it, seeing as you enjoy using a different IP each time to get around forum IP bans. Yes, we all know who you are too!

Now can we move on and get back to the topic at hand, end of cat fight me thinks.

brick-loud-noises-b.jpg

You use a different IP address each time you visit to get around any basic IP bans, which you took advantage off to create multiple members accounts on Digital Point, used to rip people off and why you ended up getting banned there

LOL, now you are fabricating lunacy and spamming this forum with your unfounded and lunatical statements that have no basis in reality.

Do you have any idea what a dynamic IP range is Gary ???

Do you expect that your idiotic statements will remain unchallenged with your wanna be mod closing statement on your last post ??

Like I told you many times, get yourself a shrink Gary, you really do need one and sadly that is the truth.

Top Bottom