Thinking of selling your vB license? Don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised? People don't know how to say things. He could have just skipped that part and went straight to what he was going to say. No, instead, he tries to bite my bullet and spit it out back at me.

LOL that's not the way I saw his reply at all. Sometimes you really do read things wrong, darlin.

Then why make it a point that "you did not call my post stupid."?

Its like someone calling you a &!^@# and you respond "You did not just call me a &!^@#."

Okay, okay, fine. Sorry. :(

The thing with vbulletin related threads is that they bring out the worse in people. Don't take anything personally what is said, generally the anger is directed elsewhere but unfortunate souls get in the crossfire.

Best try to ignore or atleast adapt. :)

People should put their vB4 license for sale.
read this.

Leadcrow said:
That logic would work with physical objects, not virtual licence numbers (wich cost nothing to generate, dont require algorythms to be generated, and are infinite).
Licences not used have the exact same effect. This does not hurt IB at all, while refunds take money out their coffers (that you could spend to invest in another board, or buy a buddy another board, wich would be much more productive actions than pulling childish tantrums like this).

There are over 100.000 licences out there. The biggest effect the new pricing wouldve had is hugely increase the used market size, thereby reducing new licence sales. If youre not transferring your used licence, keeping it or selling it, rest assured one will still be bought from the next seller.

The used market is what hurts IB, especially sale of v4 licences (since no revenue or fee will go to IB till v5 is out and IF users DO upgrade). People who go after used licences are strongly after vB, and actions like this would not pry them away from it.
Cancelling licences is just getting them suspended, thats all. Nothing new. You could just flame staff in private for the same effect if you want it the harder, more heroic way it would just take more time and test their patience till they break, since they probably are instructed to be patient with highly negative people).

So its pretty stupid of those people. I see fighting for the biggest, craziest fanboy leaderboard has gotten fiercer.

I wonder who will first think of writing "vbulletin sucks" with smoke in the sky, parachute jump as a group forming the XF initials, hanging xenforo logo/Kier photos in their marriage celebrations, tatooing brogan's face in their chests...
Nothing would surprise me anymore. People like this are ones that would easily misbehave and troll the customer forum just to rub their own ego and display themselves to the world as oppressed martyrs.

from
Code:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?369055-Users-Canceling-Licenses

While this thread stayed fairly on topic, it's topic has been discussed and it's time to move on. If you have a license for a piece of software that you don't want to use, do what you feel comfortable with.

XenForo is a new company with plenty of new ideas. Let's focus on the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom