Thinking of closing my forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser

Well because of something small that happened on my forum, someone tweeted it and made it into something big.. and theres a group of people saying some very mean things about me and my forum which is very hurtful and has gotten me very depressed.. The person that tweeted it, I thought was a nice person and I had respect for him.. And a few others that I would never think would be so mean. This has gotten way out of hand.

I spend everyday bettering my forum and trying to find ways to improve it, if I really was an "awful admin" my forum wouldnt be doing so good right now. Its just so sad, and im real depressed by reading all these tweets people have made about me and my forum, and they dont even know me as a person.

Right now I really feel like closing my forum, and reading those tweets makes me feel like I failed.. I always try to do a great job at what I do, and im not perfect. Just once when I mess up, this happens. I dont know what to do now. Its not just one person, its a whole group on twitter poking fun at me and my forum when most of them dont know me. I just hope they realize that hurting people is not the way to go. Specially when you dont know them.

I dont know what to do with my forum now, I have poured everything I got into that forum making it what it is, the activity is great, and im thankful of the great members I have. You guys probably wont understand what im trying to say.

hmm ive seen alot of tweet about your site also today...

Chin up mate "new news is old news" it will soon pass

Now you know exactly what I go through. You attacked me few months ago, and like they say: "What goes around, comes around."

3 years ago I went through the same thing, but 10x worse. I managed to contain it enough from getting too public.

You shouldn't let this bother you that much, there are far, far more humiliating situations that makes yours seem small in comparison.

And finally, you're young, you're inexperienced, you're only starting your entrepreneurial pursuit. There will be many ups and downs, you just need to roll with the punches. Believe me, I know. I have been there.

Now you know exactly what I go through. You attacked me few months ago, and like they say: "What goes around, comes around."

3 years ago I went through the same thing, but 10x worse. I managed to contain it enough from getting too public.
What does this have to do with anything carlos? I never attacked you. You attacked me first and we went back and forth and that was the past.. can we stay on topic carlos? :) Thanks

What does this have to do with anything carlos? I never attacked you. You attacked me first and we went back and forth and that was the past.. can we stay on topic carlos? :) Thanks
No no no. Yes you did. Yes you did. Admit it.

This is what caused your troubles, people don't like you because of what YOU did. What the others are telling you is: LEARN from your mistakes and MOVE.

See, the sooner that you realize you did something wrong, the better that you can look past this situation. If you constantly ignore the idea that you "started" it, stuff like this will come back to haunt your reputation for quite some time.

Oh, and I AM on topic.

hmm ive seen alot of tweet about your site also today...

Chin up mate "new news is old news" it will soon pass
I hope I can look past it. It is not true what is being said. Its very hurtful. Specially for the ones I knew and had genuine respect for.

Picture Justin Bieber for example. A lot of people says hurtful things about him, but that doesn't get him down.

I don't know what you did and I haven't seen the tweets, but why close your forum after investing $140+ on it?

Posted from my black berry torch.

No no no. Yes you did. Yes you did. Admit it.

This is what caused your troubles, people don't like you because of what YOU did. What the others are telling you is: LEARN from your mistakes and MOVE.

Oh, and I AM on topic.
You're not, and you're picking fights.

As for the topic; I've read the tweets, and I read the situation, and I agree with the tweeter, though I do believe he shouldn't have basically mocked you publicly and condescended you the way he did. He does have a point though, you were closing threads where valid feedback was being given, which is basically a slap in the face for your members.

As for the way you feel about it, and considering closing your forum because of it... If you feel that way from a little criticism, you will never have a successful site. The last site I ran I got everything from rumors started about me, to literal death threats as well as hacking attempts on myself and my site. The reason why I finally decided to step down and give it away? I lost interest and was focusing more on other things and had little time for the site.

You'd be better off laughing off unfair criticism, and taking any valid criticism to heart. Ignoring members and disrespecting them without reason is a sure way to kill your site.

I hope I can look past it. It is not true what is being said. Its very hurtful. Specially for the ones I knew and had genuine respect for.
Get over it. You need to treat "online" friends as strictly that; acquaintances. Those who "know" you and that you have respect for usually end up disappointing you especially when you're at the top of the mountain.
You're not, and you're picking fights.
Ah. I see, Forsaken coming out to fight. I wondered when you would do so!

Oh forsaken. "You're not. You're picking fights!" This is your way of trying to fight with me.
He does have a point though, you were closing threads where valid feedback was being given, which is basically a slap in the face for your members.
See. This is what I meant in the first place. I didn't read the tweets, but reading this confirmed my suspicion that Kaiser did something wrong to spark and cause the controversy.

10 years ago, I was a moderator for a huge Nintendo website that had hundreds thousands of posts, and thousands of members. And I locked threads on a whim the same way, I got negative backlash for it, and so as I was saying before; I learned from it and moved on. Its now a 2 million posts website that contains 33 thousand members.

Picture Justin Bieber for example. A lot of people says hurtful things about him, but that doesn't get him down.

I don't know what you did and I haven't seen the tweets, but why close your forum after investing $140+ on it?

$140 isn't even the most of it. Consider the countless and invaluable hours invested into the site, its construction, and its upkeep.

It started over me locking a few threads... thats all I did and the person tweeted it and made it seem very bad and it spread. Thanks for your advice mark, you have a great forum yourself.

$140 isn't even the most of it. Consider the countless and invaluable hours invested into the site, its construction, and its upkeep.
Very true nick, money isnt even a factor, I have spent more than $420+ on it believe it or not in the 5 months its been open. And Its not the money, as you said the hard work I have put into it.

Carlos .......
whywouldyoudothat.jpg

Be yourself.
lol. :LOL:

Kaiser, when you close a forum - especially the size of AdminBB, you're actually giving them what they want. I mean, its up to you to close the site and call it quits, but I wouldn't do it over a small, miniscule comment on twitter.

Dude, I'm actually trying to help you more than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom