XF 2.2 Unable to type in the post body after updating my forum

KhanTastic

Hi friends,

I just updated my forum to v2.2.13, and noticed I am unable to post in the post or thread body when I create a new thread, see the below screenshot, please if you can help me and let me know where can be the issue?

Untitled.webp

Check your browser console for errors... it looks like something is blocking the JS the editor uses.
Yes to me also looks like JS or ajax issues, but on the same browser when I open my second forum website, it works all fine and I can edit or make new post in my other forum. :(
I don't know what's wrong with my this new forum

Yes to me also looks like JS or ajax issues, but on the same browser when I open my second forum website, it works all fine and I can edit or make new post in my other forum. :(
I don't know what's wrong with my this new forum
Check the domain log files... you may be blocking data, either in the HTTP domain config itself or from security rules.
All I can tell you is it is a strong possibility that something is blocking the JS... it could be a browser add-on (with that domain not excluded) or server related.
If you continue to have problems that you can't trace down, I actively encourage you to submit a ticket for support, a service that you are paying for if your license is active (either in the initial purchase or a renewal period).
If your license is not currently active.. then you may want to create a test user account that others can access to see if they can trouble shoot the issue (but honestly, this usually needs to have server access - and no, I no longer provide that, but others do with many at a service fee).
If your license is not active, then you are going to require more "manual" intervention most likely.. and that may very well have a cost attached.
In the "old days" I'd be more than happy to help (no matter the hours invovled)... but these are the "new days" and I don't have the time to get to that level and choose not to cheat those that have chosen to make money out of providing support that used to be free (which has become a frequent occurrence in society). You may be lucky and find someone more "involved" in helping others.. but after a decade, I'm honestly tired.

Last edited:
Check the domain log files... you may be blocking data, either in the HTTP domain config itself or from security rules.
All I can tell you is it is a strong possibility that something is blocking the JS... it could be a browser add-on (with that domain not excluded) or server related.
If you continue to have problems that you can't trace down, I actively encourage you to submit a ticket for support, a service that you are paying for if your license is active (either in the initial purchase or a renewal period).
If your license is not currently active.. then you may want to create a test user account that others can access to see if they can trouble shoot the issue (but honestly, this usually needs to have server access - and no, I no longer provide that, but others do with many at a service fee).
If your license is not active, then you are going to require more "manual" intervention most likely.. and that may very well have a cost attached.
In the "old days" I'd be more than happy to help (no matter the hours invovled)... but these are the "new days" and I don't have the time to get to that level and choose not to cheat those that have chosen to make money out of providing support that used to be free (which has become a frequent occurrence in society). You may be lucky and find someone more "involved" in helping others.. but after a decade, I'm honestly tired.
Thank you so much, so kind of you and I totally understand you tried helping others and the situation is changed now a days, specially everyone got busy in life. But I am glad to know you did help others and spent hours and hours on helping others.
For me, your reply here is more than enough, at least you tried guiding me and I really appreciate it.

My license is still active but the support team just always say check with hosting, its server side issue and when I go to the hosting people they say they meet all the requirements with Xenforo and even they showed me proof. It's like tome & jerry situation now with me.

Thank you once again, I will try to follow your steps and see if I can get it resolved. Otherwise I will just remove everything and install a fresh one, even if I lose my data but I would do that.
Have a great day/evening ahead.
<3

If I remember correctly, you said in another post that your sites got "hacked"? If so, try (after taking a good database and file backup of your site) downloading the latest upgrade version you have installed and over-write your existing files. With it being a JS issue, if you have been hacked, that could be an impacted file, and re-uploading all the XF files should over-write any that were impacted.

Top Bottom