Ziv

Hello guys,

what could you "advise" for a person who is looking for a:

Board which is:
- easy to translate
- easy to install modifications/apps
- easy to customize skins/parts of the software
- easy & simple tutorials of how to make hooks
- don't want to integrate "XenForo" with Wordpress. (Hope one day it's gonna be a uniqe forum software with having its own products).

IP.Gallery - is there a good replacement for this product?
IP.Downloads - is there a replacement for this product?
IP.Nexus - what is the replacement for this Nexus software?
IP.Blog - What should be replaced with it?
IP.Content - Portal or any other resource that can help me to make my own website simply/easily without knowing PHP. (or PHP+HTML + customizable template).

What is the difference between VB/IPB/XenForo?

What is special with that software? I am ready to pay for this license, it's only helping me to get my own decision.

What are the "Requirements" for this software?

- How much Disk Space do I have to include on my package?
- How much traffic will I have to set on my new host?
- Which things should be 'supported' in order to run this software without having issues on installations/upgrades/etc...?

Hello guys,

Board which is:
- easy to translate

We are biased here! ;) but there's no other software I have used in my 10 years of working with various web and enterprise softwares which is easier to implement and easier to extend than Xenforo. And Xenforo now has some excellent addons which make modifying it easy even for non-programmers.

- don't want to integrate "XenForo" with Wordpress. (Hope one day it's gonna be a uniqe forum software with having its own products).
Unless articles are the main area of your site and forums are secondary, I see no reason to have wordpress or any other article system. Use Xenporta (which is a xenforo addon) which displays content on the front page as a splash portal and also allows content from chosen categories to be displayed as articles. The benefit is obviously that you will have only one system to maintain.

There are a couple of gallery addons. One is free (XFr User albums) and another is paid but neither of them may have all the functionality you may need.

The resource manager used on this site will be released as a paid product sometime in the future (possibly in next couple of months or before). This is, in my opinion, far superior than IP.Downloads or even DownloadsII of vb.

Never used to... no idea...

There's a very nice blog addon. LN Blog

IP.Content - Portal or any other resource that can help me to make my own website simply/easily without knowing PHP. (or PHP+HTML + customizable template).
Use Xenporta. See a demo on the author's site -> http://www.8wayrun.com/portal/

XF is modern, easier to use, user friendly, engaging (due to alerts), fast and eye catching with it's clever use of Ajax and JQuery and an absolute pleasure to code in. You learn to code with XF and you will find it difficult to stop... :P

What is special with that software? I am ready to pay for this license, it's only helping me to get my own decision.
The software is exceptional. But at the end of the day make your decision based on what your site needs most and if XF delivers on that functionality.

On the purchase page, requirements are listed on bottom left.
http://xenforo.com/purchase/

Not much, if I remember correctly the script is less than 8 MB. But obviously disk space depends on your site's database size and attachment usage etc.

The more the better? ain't it?

- Which things should be 'supported' in order to run this software without having issues on installations/upgrades/etc...?
Check the Purchase page. There is also a requirements script which can test if your host meets the requirements.

Hello guys,

Board which is:
- easy to translate

Depending on your specific needs, XenForo would allow you to do everything you initially listed. It has an intuitive phrasing/template system, and installing add-ons is a breeze.

Kier posted a video tutorial on template hooks: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/creating-a-simple-modification.3532/

At this moment, there is no full-blown gallery out there yet, though several are in the making.
For Downloads, check out the Resource Manager (click on Resources at the top); it's not commercially available just yet, but is due for release soon-ish, and might offer you what you want plus more.
Blogging can be handled by ln-blog: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ln-blog.26841
Nexus could be replaced by this: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/microcart.27461 (also due soon)
For a portal, check out XenPorta.

So depending on when you want to move over, you should by then probably be covered for most of your wishes.

Here's a list of requirements for XenForo:

• XenForo System Requirements
    • PHP: 5.2.4+
    • MySQL: 5.0+
    • PHP extensions: MySQLi, GD (with JPEG support), PCRE, SPL, SimpleXML, DOM, JSON, iconv, ctype
    • PHP safe_mode off
    Download the requirements test script.

Top Bottom