Thinking about getting xenforo

Mensu

Hello,

For the obvious reasons i am thinking about leaving vBulletin and to get XenForo.
I run a small-mid size forum: www.littlebignetwork.com with the follow stats:
Threads 8,496 Posts 178,453 Members 3,756

I have a few questions:

1) What about my links after the change? Will Google hate me? :'(
2) What can and more importantly can not be imported from vBulletin 4.
3) What features are currently missing at XenForo that vBulletin has? I mean the features that are worth noticing it.
4) Is there a road map available about the development?
5) What about Blogs? My forum users love to blog. Is this something XenForo considers to add in the future?

Thanks in advance. XenForo looks very impressive so far. :)

3) What features are currently missing at XenForo that vBulletin has? I mean the features that are worth noticing it.
5) What about Blogs? My forum users love to blog. Is this something XenForo considers to add in the future?

1. If you have vbseo, most likely, yes. If not, there is a way to setup redirects from your old content to the new one
2. blogs, cms articles, social groups, albums, reputation and calendar events
3. pretty much what you cannot import (see 2). Also custom userfields, thread prefixes, custom bb code, FAQ, tagging, notices, announcements, infractions
4. No, but check the announcements forum, it will give you an idea of the speed of the releases
5. Probably only the XF staff can answer this one, maybe email sales? Myself, I left the blogs in vB

There's a tool by Shadab which allows you to set redirects for VBSeod urls. So pretty much any url can be redirected.

Threads, posts, articles, blogs, social group messages all can be imported as Threads in XF using Paul M's VB4 importer.

What people notice most is infraction system. Some miss thread prefixes. Infraction system is going to be there in xF 1.1 as I read Kier mention somewhere.

No. But if you are regular here you can make out what the developers have focus on.

Blogs, CMS are not there in core. There is an excellent bridge with Wordpress, a bridge with Jfusion (for Joomla) under development, an excellent vbAdvanced like portal developed by Jaxel, and a Blog system under development as an addon.

It is indeed very impressive.

However my only suggestion to you is, if VB4 is working for your community don't disrupt it. If you feel, XF will further advance your community then and only then go for it.

Top Bottom