Things not to say

"Our/your most awesome moderator just left the building"

"but the good news is we'll finally do what he asked us to (y) "

(any resemblance to real events and/or to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental)

"Thanks everybody for helping out with the hosting bills. I'll be moving the site to my old Packard Bell and hosting via dyndns and my modem now. Enjoy!"

"Thanks everybody for helping out with the hosting bills. I'll be moving the site to my old Packard Bell and hosting via dyndns and my modem now. Enjoy!"

Hah! In my first years I had a NIX server co-located, but ran all my databases on filemaker pro - on a mac that sat on a shelf above my desk at home! It was, of course, connected to the net with a 28K modem!

It worked pretty dang well....never had a complaint from the users!

You can say whatever you like here as long as I agree with it.
"Conversely, if you say something I don't like, I will hack your computer, upload a Nyan Cat virus, take some of your pr0n collection(and delete them once they are mine), ban your account, hack your email/facebook/twitter and message all of your friends that you a Neo-Nazi." I just made up some random stuff, and while they're not that great they still get the job done.

^ I actually do know "someone" who has done that. Granted, they never made an announcement on their site, but if their members ever wondered why the sudden "boom" of junk e-mail... :rolleyes:
Lol, almost all major sites are guilty of this. Whether it is from the top down or just some random employee sneaking the info out, there is always info disclosure but because of the scope of the Internet and the fact that no one only registers on one site, there is no way to trace it back to anyone/any entity.

Lol, almost all major sites are guilty of this. Whether it is from the top down or just some random employee sneaking the info out, there is always info disclosure but because of the scope of the Internet and the fact that no one only registers on one site, there is no way to trace it back to anyone/any entity.
I honestly feel that it would be a violation of ethics and privacy to "sell out" my members and fill their inbox with junk.

Top Bottom