• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Themesinc.com New Lucent "light" skin released!

Amazes me how rude people are being... don't buy it if you don't like it, but clearly it is a "professional" skin as Pank is a "professional designer". If it doesn't suit your needs then just walk on by without feeling the need to drop your rubbish behind you.

I personally don't believe these threads should be used as a playground for negative comments and rude people.

High Quality skin Pank, well done! :)

I do not think people are being rude at all. Mostly I think people are giving great feedback to Bob for future work/enhancements for even better skinning to the "what people want" model. As a former extremepixels customer and current themesinc customer, I have huge respect for Bob's work. But please do not tell people they are rude for saying what they think in a constructive civil manner.

I do not think people are being rude at all. Mostly I think people are giving great feedback to Bob for future work/enhancements for even better skinning to the "what people want" model. As a former extremepixels customer and current themesinc customer, I have huge respect for Bob's work. But please do not tell people they are rude for saying what they think in a constructive civil manner.
Its more that they're saying that the style isn't professional, which it is, it just wouldn't fit a professional or business site.

If they did mean to say that it isn't professional, as in professionally made, that is beyond rude and is simply insulting.

Amazes me how rude people are being... don't buy it if you don't like it, but clearly it is a "professional" skin as Pank is a "professional designer". If it doesn't suit your needs then just walk on by without feeling the need to drop your rubbish behind you.

I personally don't believe these threads should be used as a playground for negative comments and rude people.

High Quality skin Pank, well done! :)

Hmm I strongly disagree and actually think your comments above are some of the rudest in here. I think most people have been respectful and most have said how much they love their work normally and really appreciate them, its just however this skin they don't like.

My comment at least (and I read many others to be) was meant to be constructive. It wasn't simply an "I don't like it". People are explaining why they don't like it and what they were expecting from a "light skin". I'd call that valuable customer feedback rather than being rude.

Rather than just "not buying it", I'd rather provide some comments and then have them come back with (what I'd consider) a much better skin that lots of us will then buy.

They're obviously very talented designers and the dark skins (whilst not what some people are looking for) are clearly great pieces of work.

Hmm I strongly disagree and actually think your comments above are some of the rudest in here. I think most people have been respectful and most have said how much they love their work normally and really appreciate them, its just however this skin they don't like.

My comment at least (and I read many others to be) was meant to be constructive. It wasn't simply an "I don't like it". People are explaining why they don't like it and what they were expecting from a "light skin". I'd call that valuable customer feedback rather than being rude.

Rather than just "not buying it", I'd rather provide some comments and then have them come back with (what I'd consider) a much better skin that lots of us will then buy.

They're obviously very talented designers and the dark skins (whilst not what some people are looking for) are clearly great pieces of work.

Well we will have to disagree.. this thread is not a Critique thread, Pank was not asking for feedback .. he is a professional designer, not some kid throwing a design together asking how it could be better.

He is offering his professional designed, and coded Style up for sale, there are some incredibly rude comments in here about the skin not being professional, or people wanting it to be "better" I suggest you read all the comments, not just your own.... then if you take offence to me pointing out the rudeness of those comments, there is not much I can say about that, quite obviously we have a different basis of "rude".

Sorry to Pank if my comments are inappropriate to you sir.

I like the colors.Looks good but also very similiar to xenfracture ;)

IMO it simply is what it is. Some people are going to like your stuff and some people aren't. I've always made designs that I liked, put them up for sale, and just hoped that others liked them as well.

If people want to comment it's all good with me. If it's constructive I take note, if it's not I move on.

I just wanted to echo some of the comments made here - while this skin may not be targeted at a particular kind of site, for people to say that it is unprofessional is nothing more than insulting.

IMO it simply is what it is. Some people are going to like your stuff and some people aren't. I've always made designs that I liked, put them up for sale, and just hoped that others liked them as well.

If people want to comment it's all good with me. If it's constructive I take note, if it's not I move on.

The internet will be the internet :), it's a great looking style and I look forward to seeing future styles with you guys. I haven't dug too much into the style but I will on your guys site and shoot some picky feedback.

Yes, we should only post positive comments on every thread, and never post constructive criticism.

What a joke. How do you expect someone to improve their products when no one is allowed to post negative comments about the product that is being presented?

As for your point about this specific skin being "professional", I beg to differ. The purple is not appealing at all, nor do the gradients blend together well. I also think that the icons do not match well with the skin, and that the orange links do not complement the overall design. But hey, that's my personal opinion, and it's kind of sad that you think that I should not be able to voice my concerns about this skin.

With that being said, I know that the colors can be changed with the XenoMorph framework, but I also think that it the release that is being shown should be more neutral. By neutral I mean a color that most people feel safe with (i.e. blue).

-----------------------------------------------

Plank, please do not take my criticism as trying to be offensive, but rather as something that you could possibly take into consideration when creating future designs. I know that you have the talent to do so, as I have seen your other skins. But I'd advise that you take all of the (good and bad) feedback within this thread.

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck. This one may not have been your best, but it is still one of the better ones released on this site.

I don't think anyone said that constructive criticism couldn't be posted. Rudeness, however, is another story.

Yes, we should only post positive comments on every thread, and never post constructive criticism.

What a joke. How do you expect someone to improve their products when no one is allowed to post negative comments about the product that is being presented?

You miss the point entirely.

Firstly, there was very little that was constructive criticism in the thread that I saw, comments range from people expressing what THEY think is wrong with the skin, to those just being insulting.

Secondly, this thread is not here to gather feedback or criticism, constructive or not.. it is a marketing post.. not a "help me design a skin YOU think is really cool" thread.

Thirdly, those people who are inclined to offer sensible constructive criticism know full well that the appropriate place to do so is on the ThemesInc website... not within this thread which is clearly a marketing thread to the entire Xenforo community.

Roll on the Resources Manager is all I can say, hopefully comments will then be limited ONLY to those who have actually purchased the skins, and have an actual right to make comment about it's functionality or how it performs rather than offering their dubious design advice to professional designers.

The problem currently is that Free skins and Premium skins are all just lumped in together, and it seems that most people do not understand that a professional designer is NEVER EVER EVER asking for feedback or worse.. unsolicited design advice, when they offer up a finished polished product for sale. The design process is over, they have created their vision and have worked hard to fully code it and present it to market.

Customers vote with their feet/wallets, I am sure that if any designer produces a skin that customers don't like, they won't sell many copies, and in future they won't do another along the same lines, it is simple market economy in play.

You do not walk into a BMW showroom and start bagging out the cars do you.. no, because not only is it rude, it is a stupid waste of time, as the car is already built. BMW will gather feedback and if needs be address concerns in their next model.

If this thread had of been in the Resources Discusson forum, and if Pank had specifically asked for feedback, or design advice, some of the comments that are actually constructive would have been appropriate. As it was it isn't and he didn't so comments like "it's not professional" are truly rude and inappropriate.

Secondly, this thread is not here to gather feedback or criticism, constructive or not.. it is a marketing post.. not a "help me design a skin YOU think is really cool" thread.

If that's really the case, comments shouldn't be needed at all and it should simply be the first post and then locked?

What replies would be allowed?

That is a very good idea, actually.

Emm, I disagree Peggy. I'm all against about being rude but when there is something we have to say regardless if it's positive or negative we should be able to say it. And I disagree fully about the "this is just a marketing thread" approach. Closing the thread would make the thread dull. If the designer knows what people think about their work, if it's constructive it will help further.

Emm, I disagree Peggy. I'm all against about being rude but when there is something we have to say regardless if it's positive or negative we should be able to say it. And I disagree fully about the "this is just a marketing thread" approach. Closing the thread would make the thread dull. If the designer knows what people think about their work, if it's constructive it will help further.

But the point is, and Kim said it very well above, when a designer offers, or advertises (which this is) a finished style for release, it's finished.

He didn't post this style for review, he advertised it for release. IF the post was in the Resources discussion forum, then yeah that's the place for reviews, critiques, telling them what should be changed, or what they should or should not have done, or what they could have done better.

This isn't. It's finished, done.

Top Bottom