1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Themesinc.com New Lucent "light" skin released!

Discussion in 'Styles [Archive]' started by pank, Jun 8, 2011.

1. pank

pank Active Member

Hi everybody, we have seen a lot of requests for a light skin and I'm very happy to announce that our first light skin is out and ready for purchase ;)

All of the info. can be found here and all of our skins will run off of and include our custom framework.

** UPDATE (6-25-11): Second lighter version included free **
    This skin is now included free as a second lighter option when you purchase the Lucent skin! :D

Here are the live demo links for V2 updated version:
    Lucent 2 fixed width
    Lucent 2 fluid width

V2: Front page:

V2: Profile page:
    Screen shot 2011-06-25 at 11.06.21 PM.png

V2 Postbit page:
    Screen shot 2011-06-25 at 11.07.17 PM.png

Version 1: Live Demo links:
    Fixed width version:
    Fluid version:

Here are a couple of screen shots of the Lucent skin:

V1 Front page:

V1 Drop downs:

V1 Postbit area:

Please feel free to fully explore the skin and play with all the custom XenoMorph framework options (especially the Infinity colors) ;)

And once again I truly want to thank the entire xenForo team for giving us all an extremely well done forum platform to use!!!

That's it, Enjoy!
    Dan, a legacy reborn, Markos and 3 others like this.
  2. Bamboo

Bamboo New Member

Looking very nice, very good job on it.
  3. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Looks nice, but it still doesnt have that professional feel to it. But you guys did a great job(y)
    Weiyan likes this.
  4. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Very nice! Love the look of the postbit area :D
  5. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

6. Weiyan

Weiyan Well-Known Member

Looks good.
    Should I have a chance to play around the infinity colors?
  7. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

I take that back, just tried it out on the themesinc site and its so much better actually trying it out then looking at it in a screenshot, good job (y)
    DoppiaD likes this.
  8. Panupat

Panupat Well-Known Member

oo, a little surprised. I was thinking "light weight" when I saw the word light :D
  9. Bellinis

Bellinis Active Member

To be honest, after such a long time waiting, I expected something professional, lighter and more minimalistic.
    RastaLulz, sylwester, Weiyan and 2 others like this.
  10. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

For a light skin it looks too dark, sorry guys.
    D37, DroidHost and principia like this.
  11. maidos

maidos Active Member

agree for a light skin this looks too dark, and using way too much shaddows on the borders as it doesnt really fit with the dark blue you went there. Also expected professional skins but well so far dissapointed :(
    Weiyan likes this.
  12. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Bought !
  13. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Really love your other work but I'm afraid I agree with the negative comments above, not that keen on this one.

It's too dark and would have prefered it more minimalistic, especially the shawdowing on the forum block headers and the main nav bar.

Still looking forward to what else you can produce :)
    Weiyan likes this.
  14. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

The gradients don't do it at all for me - they contrast in a strange way and just don't look right.
    Weiyan and DroidHost like this.
  15. DroidHost

DroidHost Well-Known Member

finally !​
    I was expecting something better....​
    I did not like the color scheme​
    Weiyan likes this.
  16. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

Nice to see a light(er) skin from you guys but I'm afraid it's not for me either...

The area around the avatar in postbit's is way too bold and as was mentioned above, the gradients are too heavy. I feel it moves too far away from the simplicity that xF is built around.

Looking forward to more!
  17. estranged

estranged Well-Known Member

I have xenfracture and resurgent skins and I love them. Resurgent is my personal favorite.

But there is something wrong with this one. I don't like it.
    Weiyan likes this.
  18. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

I don't know if I speak for everyone who wanted a light skin. This is not a light skin. Light meant less images and lighter color combinations. I tried changing the color of category bars just to see if I can pull the 'glitz' off the skin, no joy.

Its a good skin nevertheless, just not the light I expected.

You know what would make a great light skin as far as I am concerned. One which can be made from scratch but without touching Photoshop (or any image editing software). Pure CSS with just post icons.
  19. John

John Well-Known Member

I think it's a hot skin Bob, well done! :)
    pank, Forsaken, Steve F and 1 other person like this.
  20. Weiyan

Weiyan Well-Known Member

Everyone have different understanding of "light". My favorite light is Xenique, Social and xenforo default.