• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Themesinc.com New Lucent "light" skin released!

But then he will know what people want in his next finished work. Instead of him sitting and wondering why aren't there enough sales when everyone was so nice and appreciative.

it is a marketing post.. not a "help me design a skin YOU think is really cool" thread.
A marketing post that does not need criticism. :whistle:

Are you saying marketing is all about making whatever you want and selling it without bothering about what the YOU wants.

All the "lets cuddle up and tickle each other" posts would probably make sense if the skin was free. Even then feedback should be appreciated in any form. When some comments are really hard hitting, I feel those are the ones that make you sit up and think out of your skin. *pun intended*

Even then feedback should be appreciated in any form.
On their forum. That's what we're saying.
The skin should be presented (annunced) here, and locked. Comments should be made on their forum, where the transactions take place, and where they would actually read their forums for feedback.

Anyway I can't believe that we're into page 3 now of discussing this on pank's announcement thread.
I've asked that the mods split this discussion off into a new thread.

Instead of him sitting and wondering why aren't there enough sales when everyone was so nice and appreciative.

I personally never wonder about any skin I (or Miko) release as people do indeed vote with their wallets. If you like it and you want to buy it you do, if you don't like it you don't buy it, it's really just that simple. (Renegade, if I took your post the wrong way then I apologize / And I truly don't mean to come off as being rude)

Agree with Brogan.

The feedback here (both good and bad) are from a select few, and people are always going to voice their opinions. And to be blunt the amount of attention this thread is getting is actually helping the sales :eek:

Contrary to some of the comments here the skin is selling very well so there are people who actually like it enough to buy it and use it. If I could find a way to please everybody I wouldn't have to work and make skins ;)

So to reiterate, if you feel passionate enough to post your love our hate I'll either read your post and take note or skip over it if I feel it is out of bounds. Very thick skin is a prerequisite for this type of work...

I've been doing this for quite a long time (since vBulletin 1.x was out, 10 years?? or so) so I'm very familiar with people expressing their opinions. I learned a long time ago to never take anything personal, and like I said in my previous post I always create designs I like and simply hope others like that design as well. That business model has always worked out very well for me.

That being said... I know Miko is tracking this thread and I can almost guarantee his upcoming skin will be VERY light both graphics and color wise and some of you will love that.
And while I could very easily use this current skin as a base to work off (and have it done in a week or so) I'll sit back and wait for his next skin release so my next skin won't be similar.

And that is all good with me. Miko and I are in this together and he is an extremely great designer. When he succeeds I succeed, when I succeed he succeeds.

Pank doesn't know this... but he is a major hero of mine, he is the reason I got into Skinning 9 years ago, I saw his Air skin, and was totally gob smacked.. prior to that I had no idea you could make forums look beautiful.. I thought they were always boring rectangles of plain colour!

Thank you Bob for that inspiration.. and for being such a lovely gentleman too boot!

I had a request from some of our customers who purchased the Lucent skin (who apparently read this forum ;) ) saying they thought it would be nice to use the current version but also have an even lighter version.

We aim to please so I just posted this,
http://themesinc.com/community/threads/lucent-version-2-even-lighter-released-free-add-on.183/

I'll update this original post tomorrow with screen shots of the new v2 info, etc. While even this lighter version won't be for everybody we do listen to suggestions :)

Top Bottom