Themehouse UI.X Pro thoughts?

click here

For those of you that have used Themehouse UI.X Pro for Xenforo 2, would you recommend it? What are the pros and cons etc.?

Thanks!

It used to be very good with XenForo 2.1, and also they have great customer support.
But still not fully optimized for 2.2 yet. Hope they will do it soon.

So I will offer a dissenting view. I feel they sink leftover capacity into their XF addon dev and support stream which by the looks of it has been drying up over the last year plus. I am not sure why they're still in the business of retail addons to be honest as evidently their managed services is keeping them occupied. I once loved working with them, their styles were revolutionary and some of the crew is fantastic but overall I'm disappointed, lots of upsell but no real follow up. Unless things change considerably in the next little while I will be looking at migrating away from TH themes and addons.

So far happy with their customer service. Their styles are great, but sometimes you might find some minors bugs which they will fix or you will need to wait their next updates. I’m using pretty much all their addon, and satisfied with them, same couple of issues, which they are always happy to fix it.

So I will offer a dissenting view. I feel they sink leftover capacity into their XF addon dev and support stream which by the looks of it has been drying up over the last year plus. I am not sure why they're still in the business of retail addons to be honest as evidently their managed services is keeping them occupied. I once loved working with them, their styles were revolutionary and some of the crew is fantastic but overall I'm disappointed, lots of upsell but no real follow up. Unless things change considerably in the next little while I will be looking at migrating away from TH themes and addons.
My experience, too. :(

UI.X is awesome. It's working well for me but like others have stated I think you need to look at it from the perspective of it not being a market segment they want to play in. They are going all in on Audentio Community which is why they give everything except the Add-Ons used in Community away for free.

I agree and its one of the reasons we decided to leave the add-on market, at least in the way we were. Having a smaller list has been quite lovely to be frank. There are other devs here who are ready to help all of you as well! Not many, but I think enough.

I think ThemeHouse leaving the add-on market best for everyone. There was really not an infrastructure provided for us here, we were finding it increasingly difficult to innovate with the uncertainty of what was to come, a lack of respect across the board really, and I don't think many truly understand the difficulty in managing add-ons expected to work on big boards through small boards, every add-on from every other third-party dev, first-party uncertainty, every theme, every server configuration, every XF version, every customization from every XF admin ever :p. We tried to contribute in as many ways as we could, donating our time in numerous ways to XenForo as a whole, but it just wasn't meant to be. After 12 years of support, I'd be lying if I wasn't a bit heartbroken about how things have played out prior to us moving on. There was potential.

For what its worth, anyone who has ever bought anything from ThemeHouse and needs support, I highly encourage you to reach out. Now that we do not sell add-ons for money, we can in many ways be of more use to those who really need some help and are looking to grow even outside of XenForo the software. Community is a large, large space and there is plenty of improvements we all can be doing outside of add-ons and themes :).

UI.X Pro is still perfectly fine to use also, its following the Google Material standard and includes many core add-ons we use on plenty of our client sites including all the guys at TomsHardware.com, Space.com, Anandtech, and hundreds upon hundreds of more sites still running it. We just like to try new things, innovate, stay with the times, all that jazz. I think we will still do a bit of this for XenForo users so keep an eye out! But I don't think we want to sell support licenses or do that whole thing again. Never say never, but since deleting the addon listings in the Resource Manager for new purchases, we've found quite a bit more time to do new, beautiful, thoughtful, interesting things for community.

Top Bottom