The subject of this post made me ROFL...

Yep, it was amusing. My first thought was "did someone actually come here to start a heated conversation about..."

His site probably requires a lot of things to convert over.

You hit the nail on the head. I have more moving parts than you can possibly imagine under the hood. But I didn't go forward with certain major initiatives as a result of my gut feeling that I still might choose to move the forum to a new platform within the next year's time. My initial reasons for using vB 4 were as follows:

(1) I need easy to view profiles that also allow users to, at a glance, navigate information about contributors. VB 3's profile system is a visual nightmare. VB 4 did do that part right (that's about all and even the tab system isn't easy to work with.) XF is not there yet in that respect... but give it time. ;)

(2) The CMS was a vital part of the going forward strategy. I had a designer give me a great price. I went ahead at the time banking that IB wouldn't leave the CMS limp and it would be improved when I was ready to upgrade. Boy was I wrong there, lol. As a result, I've been using Wordpress for much of my needs and it's performing very well.

You hit the nail on the head. I have more moving parts than you can possibly imagine under the hood. But I didn't go forward with certain major initiatives as a result of my gut feeling that I still might choose to move the forum to a new platform within the next year's time. My initial reasons for using vB 4 were as follows:

(1) I need easy to view profiles that also allow users to, at a glance, navigate information about contributors. VB 3's profile system is a visual nightmare. XF is not there yet in that respect... but give it time.

(2) The CMS was a vital part of the going forward strategy. I had a designer give me a great price and was banking that IB wouldn't leave the CMS limp and it would be improved when I was ready to upgrade. Boy was I wrong there, lol. As a result, I've been using Wordpress for much of my needs and it's performing very well.

Hopefully XenForo (or developers who release add-ons) will be able to get your community convertible soon ;).

Top Bottom