1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The subject of this post made me ROFL...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheLaw, May 13, 2011.

1. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

... and I had to share it with you. Cases like this don't happen often. When you see the subject of the thread, I think many of you will get a great laugh and think the same thing as I did at first glance...

http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46647

2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

lol... Ironic.

3. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy Active Member

Why vBulletin 4.x? is all I could think about looking at your site.

4. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

Yep, it was amusing. My first thought was "did someone actually come here to start a heated conversation about..."

5. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

His site probably requires a lot of things to convert over.

6. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head. I have more moving parts than you can possibly imagine under the hood. But I didn't go forward with certain major initiatives as a result of my gut feeling that I still might choose to move the forum to a new platform within the next year's time. My initial reasons for using vB 4 were as follows:

(1) I need easy to view profiles that also allow users to, at a glance, navigate information about contributors. VB 3's profile system is a visual nightmare. VB 4 did do that part right (that's about all and even the tab system isn't easy to work with.) XF is not there yet in that respect... but give it time. ;)

(2) The CMS was a vital part of the going forward strategy. I had a designer give me a great price. I went ahead at the time banking that IB wouldn't leave the CMS limp and it would be improved when I was ready to upgrade. Boy was I wrong there, lol. As a result, I've been using Wordpress for much of my needs and it's performing very well.

7. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Hopefully XenForo (or developers who release add-ons) will be able to get your community convertible soon ;).

EQnoble, jonsidneyb and Peggy like this.