The Staff Online Now Block

How about the first 3 moderators and the "and 10 more" thing. I think that should be used wherever "unlimited" members,topics,items/nodes are displayed to keep things in order.

First 50 online members and "x" more
First Y new discussions and "x" more
First Y new topics and "x" more

I love how these guys are taking successful ideas from social networking sites and using them here.

How about the first 3 moderators and the "and 10 more" thing. I think that should be used wherever "unlimited" members,topics,items/nodes are displayed to keep things in order.

What about Admins? IMO they should take precedence over moderators...

Mike, were you thinking overflow:hidden or overflow:auto (scroll)? If you do overflow:hidden you have to make sure max-height is a multiple of the height of one row, so it doesn't cut somebody off in the middle. ;)

Although it would probably be easier just to LIMIT the SELECT query. :)

HTML:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
    <div class="section staffOnline avatarList">
        <div class="secondaryContent">
            <h3>Staff Online Now</h3>
            <ul>
                <xen:contentcheck>
                    <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user">
                        <xen:if is="{$user.is_moderator} OR {$user.is_admin}">
                            <li>
                                <xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" />
                                <a href="{xen:link members, $user}" class="username">{$user.username}</a>
                                <div class="muted">{xen:helper userTitle, $user}</div>
                            </li>
                        </xen:if>
                    </xen:foreach>
                </xen:contentcheck>
            </ul>
        </div>
    </div>
</xen:if>
A first glimpse of XenForo template syntax for you...

Wouldn't it be possible to use 'pages' to display further staff, and to include a more link if there are more then 3 or 5 users online?

People that are actually interested in seeing more staff will click to to the page, and those that aren't will ignore it, and it'll take up little space.

Top Bottom