• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The Staff Online Now Block

Erik

I would think it's just part of the template that you can edit in or out. It would be cool if they had a 'block' system though, for adding little widgets or something. :)

Eric J.

Looks like it's just hard-coded in right there. I'm sure you can add your own blocks, probably just a little HTML to copy+paste.

How about the first 3 moderators and the "and 10 more" thing. I think that should be used wherever "unlimited" members,topics,items/nodes are displayed to keep things in order.

First 50 online members and "x" more
First Y new discussions and "x" more
First Y new topics and "x" more

I love how these guys are taking successful ideas from social networking sites and using them here.

Erik

How about the first 3 moderators and the "and 10 more" thing. I think that should be used wherever "unlimited" members,topics,items/nodes are displayed to keep things in order.
What about Admins? IMO they should take precedence over moderators...

Mike, were you thinking overflow:hidden or overflow:auto (scroll)? If you do overflow:hidden you have to make sure max-height is a multiple of the height of one row, so it doesn't cut somebody off in the middle. ;)

Although it would probably be easier just to LIMIT the SELECT query. :)

Kier

XenForo Developer
Staff member
HTML:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
    <div class="section staffOnline avatarList">
        <div class="secondaryContent">
            <h3>Staff Online Now</h3>
            <ul>
                <xen:contentcheck>
                    <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user">
                        <xen:if is="{$user.is_moderator} OR {$user.is_admin}">
                            <li>
                                <xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" />
                                <a href="{xen:link members, $user}" class="username">{$user.username}</a>
                                <div class="muted">{xen:helper userTitle, $user}</div>
                            </li>
                        </xen:if>
                    </xen:foreach>
                </xen:contentcheck>
            </ul>
        </div>
    </div>
</xen:if>
A first glimpse of XenForo template syntax for you...

Forsaken

Wouldn't it be possible to use 'pages' to display further staff, and to include a more link if there are more then 3 or 5 users online?

People that are actually interested in seeing more staff will click to to the page, and those that aren't will ignore it, and it'll take up little space.