XF 2.0 The site is currently being upgraded....

KhanTastic

Okay I just upgraded my site to version 2 from the previous version, I run the mydomain.com/install and the up-gradation was finished and saw the success message as well.
But strange thing is it did not ask me to enter my admin details to complete the process, now my site says The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later. even I logged in as an admin I am in admin panel but can not use any feature it still keeps saying The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.
I googled a lot about this issue and found this post of someone, hope to get a solution and best answer :)

When I run mydomain.com/install
it shows @-
Processing...
Importing... Master data (Templates: 5.1%)
Once this is 100% finished then next says:-

Processing...
Rebuilding... Phrases . .

When that step is completed then next step says:-

The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.

That's all :(
And when I go back to my main site it says

The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.
But I can login with my admin details and when I go to my admin panel there also shows the same message The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.

There is no way to put it live the forum

It sounds like something is causing the process to crash.

Could you add the following to src/config.php and run it again to see if you get any more info back:
PHP:
$config['debug'] = true;

Reactions: LPH
It sounds like something is causing the process to crash.

Could you add the following to src/config.php and run it again to see if you get any more info back:
PHP:
$config['debug'] = true;
Thanks chris moving my post and making a topic, sure I will follow what you said in the morning, it’s mid night here now and I’m on ipad. Just wanted to say thanks for now, will update you tomorrow once i try what you said.
Cheers

Okay, @Chris D when I added the code in src/config.php as you said then I can view my forum but in the forum it says:-

An upgrade is pending. The forum is only accessible in debug mode.
Complete upgrade

So when I clicked on that Complete upgrade button it took me to the mydomain.com/install and I run again that then website gave the message check in the below screenshot

1.webp

But I still clicked on Begin upgrade then after a while my site gave this bellow message:-

2.webp

Even I disabled all the addons before upgrading the site but still I am facing this issue.
Appreciate your suggestion & guide

What's the first thing that happens when you click "Begin upgrade"? Does it start going through installation steps or does it go straight to "Rebuilding... Phrases" etc?

What's the first thing that happens when you click "Begin upgrade"? Does it start going through installation steps or does it go straight to "Rebuilding... Phrases" etc?
Yes it finishes the first step 100% then even Master Template Rebuilding etc as well
But anyway now I am able to login to my admin panel by adding $config['debug'] = true; code in src/config.php file. So now I am uninstalling all the 3rd party addons before I just disabled them. Now I will totally uninstall them and run again the upgrade and see it it works

At this point, I'd suggest waiting for further instructions before going ahead and doing stuff.

Are all of the add-ons listed as legacy? If so then they are effectively disabled anyway and uninstalling them might just cause more problems down the line.

If you can submit a ticket from your customer area and provide your admin login and FTP access (maybe even PhpMyAdmin / cPanel access) then I will take a closer look.

I am so stupid, I went ahead removed all addons and still face the same issue, I searched this user had the same issue but he was able to upgrade his site I guess.
I am not satisfied now with my site, its totally new, I am thinking of making a totally fresh installation of my site.
But I have to again spend time make forum categories, I don't care if I lose posts as I have couple of users & posts only.

Well, you backed up before upgrading, right?
No, I am totally new to this forum system. I did read make backup first everywhere but I thought your software is perfect and you tested many times before release, so I was so sure everything will go fine. But as I said I am not worried because my site is new and I do not have enough content there. The reason I purchased license here for version 2, but I purchased it earlier as I was thinking the cost my jump ahead :)
So I purchased license here and I was waiting for version 2, that's why my site is almost dead and news.
Now I am going to go ahead use version 2, even its in beta I am sure it will run fine on my site as this demo is also running the beta version.

First, no software is perfect. The issue can be exasperated when the software is in beta or if the environment it is being installed to isn't stable.

Second, the upgrade system itself quite clearly states:

1509278179916.webp

There's little point in running blind into a process like this and ignoring all of the warnings that are given to you. It might not be a big deal that you're losing a few posts and might have to do some work on rebuilding the site, but had you followed the advice then you wouldn't be losing anything.

At this point, indeed, all I can suggest is you do a fresh installation.

thanks @Chris D I learned my lesson now and I will be so careful next time.
Now I just downloaded fresh files and installed on my server, when I run the installation by following this guide, I got stuck after the database step.
In the step where it asks for database details, after that it gives this error.
1.webp

Top Bottom