XF 2.0 The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.

Mr Lucky

This is very weird.

One of my test sites has all of a sudden started showing this message for no reason I can think of.

Two days ago it was fine. I changed nothing either in ACP or uploaded any files. It is version 2 which I updated as when that version was released

So tried re-uploading the version 2 files and still the message is there.

So I suppose I should go ahead and upgrade it from version 2 to version 2, however before doing that I want to export the style I made but cannot find any way to get to the styles to export because all I see is that message. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks

There's really only two reasons you'd get this message.

The first is there's some sort of fatal error, and there's an upgrade pending. In which case, identifying what that fatal error is would be recommended before proceeding. You'd likely need to use your web server/PHP logs for this. Your host may be able to help.

The other would be if the src/config.php file is missing, but the library/config.php file is still there. Obviously check this first, as it's somewhat simpler to check :)

The first is there's some sort of fatal error, and there's an upgrade pending. In which case, identifying what that fatal error is would be recommended before proceeding. You'd likely need to use your web server/PHP logs for this. Your host may be able to help.

OK will ask @MattW

Just to double check, I can get to the ACP, and there it says v 2.0.0 so i presume that means the latest version? So if re-uploading 2.0.0. files didn't solve the issue, it isn't a pending upgrade and so some other issue e.g. fatal error

The other would be if the src/config.php file is missing, but the library/config.php file is still there. Obviously check this first, as it's somewhat simpler to check :)

No that is all fine. As mentioned I haven't touched any files on the server between the successful upgrade a couple of week ago and re-uploading today

OK will ask @MattW

Just to double check, I can get to the ACP, and there it says v 2.0.0 so i presume that means the latest version? So if re-uploading 2.0.0. files didn't solve the issue, it isn't a pending upgrade and so some other issue e.g. fatal error
Which site is this Pete? I'm not seeing any fatal errors in any of the server logs.

Well that's a very odd value in the add-on table, though it does seem to imply to me that an upgrade is actually pending. If you go to the upgrader, does it indicate this?

Well that does mean you have a pending upgrade, though the only way this would magically appear would likely be if the DB somehow got rolled back. But you would need to complete the upgrade process then.

Well that does mean you have a pending upgrade, though the only way this would magically appear would likely be if the DB somehow got rolled back.

That is not possible (as there are no daily backups on that server that I can use to restore) so the only would be for me to have manually downloaded and restored via bigdump, and that didn't happen.

However the good news is I did the upgrade from 2.0.0 to 2.0.0 and all is fine again.

I don't intend to do any more on that site for a while so will just monitor it. (As mentioned I hadn't touched it for a couple of weeks anyawy apart from looking occasionally)

Top Bottom