XF 2.2 The setting is not saved "Do not display username change publicly (if changed)"

NotDrink

I've tried this with different users. Nothing happens. After I set the checkbox and save it, I get the message "Changes saved". But if I edit the user again, the checkbox disappears.
123654.webp

Solution
Oh to change the privacy of a one off change you can just do this from the dedicated username change log.

Logs > Username change log

1602612503365.webp

The toggles there toggle the visibility.
It's not a setting.

It's a save time flag where, if checked, and the username is changed, it will be changed privately - i.e. not displayed publicly.

Sorry, so I misunderstood this.
But how can I make sure that users don't see the username change if I forgot to put a flag here when changing the username in the admin panel?
Re-setting the flag and changing the username doesn't help.

Username changes are always public by default.

How long a username change is public for and visible to everyone is controlled by the option usernameChangeRecentLimit. By default, the username change is publicly visible for 30 days.

If you prefer username changes not to be visible publicly to others at all then you can change this limit to 0.

A user will always be able to see their own username changes and staff with the relevant permission (Bypass user privacy) will always be able to see a user's full username change history regardless of this option.

I know that. But let's say I changed the user name in the admin panel, and by mistake I forgot to put a flag here. Re-setting the flags and changing the name does not help to hide the fact of changing the user name in any way. I can only do this if I set usernameChangeRecentLimit to 0. But it's stupid to change the global setting because of a simple error with a single user. How do I hide the change changing the username without changing the global settings if I made a mistake (didn't set the flag the first time). Sorry for my English, I use an online translator.

Oh to change the privacy of a one off change you can just do this from the dedicated username change log.

Logs > Username change log

1602612503365.webp

The toggles there toggle the visibility.

Solution
Is there a way to prevent users from seeing each other username change history? We have some members acting dramatically to this feature :confused:

Username changes are always public by default.

How long a username change is public for and visible to everyone is controlled by the option usernameChangeRecentLimit. By default, the username change is publicly visible for 30 days.

If you prefer username changes not to be visible publicly to others at all then you can change this limit to 0.

A user will always be able to see their own username changes and staff with the relevant permission (Bypass user privacy) will always be able to see a user's full username change history regardless of this option.

I feel even worse, I just wrote an addon to give usergroup permissions as to who can view them. I suppose it still has a use though.

I’ve released it here,

Reactions: KSA
Top Bottom