The server responded with an error. when sorting smileys

SeToY

The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console. when sorting smileys

Hello there,

after I've implemented new smileys (around 300 now), and I want to sort them using the drag & drop mechanism in the Admin CP, a red error popup gets visible that reads:
"The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console."

Now when looking at the JS console, all I see is an HTML version of the Admin CP page.

I believe a reason could be that the query string used to update the display-order is getting too huge with that many smileys. Perhaps a paged (or run-deferred) solution would be required.

What am I missing? Thanks!

Cheers

There are likely other solutions to that problem which we have in mind for the future, but yes, it's likely the amount of data being passed from the form to the server and a limit in your web server or PHP.

If it's the standard PHP limits, then you should look to increase the max_input_vars value in php.ini to a higher value. It's likely on its default which is 1000. Increasing it to 3000 or more should alleviate the issue for now.

Not a bug, though, so I'll move this to the troubleshooting forum.

Chris gave the most likely culprit. I know this very issue raised it's head back in 2014 for me and the resolution was to increase the max_input_vars in the php.ini.

Top Bottom