XF 1.5 The OAuth client was not found.

HeavyB

New setup; PHP 5.5, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard, mySQL 5.6.24. Just about everything is going smoothly. Learning a lot on day 1, etc. However, with Google integration I'm having a couple of problems.

1. Have a Google Client ID and Client Secret, and double checked to make sure both were correctly copied, but "Log in with Google" generates the following in the google log in pop-up.

401. That’s an error.

Error: invalid_client

The OAuth client was not found.

No error in the error log, just the page load error quoted here.

2. I have reCAPTCHA configured, and it works 'correctly' in the registration process (I do note that after clicking "sign up" it's very slow to move on). After registration process, error log lists the following.

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: ReCAPTCHA (No CAPTCHA) connection error: Unable to Connect to ssl://www.google.com:443. Error #0: - library\Zend\Http\Client\Adapter\Socket.php:235
Generated By: Unknown Account, 1 minute ago

On the up side, the user is able to register and the confirmation email goes out.

Appreciate any guidance.

Google Integration has changed since the Install Guide was written; https://xenforo.com/help/google-integration/

I've gone back through and built a new project.

My forum is located on a sub domain, http://forum.domain-name.com

I created a OAuth 2.0 client ID. It is a Web Application. The OAuth Consent Screen is filled out. Verified sub domain by adding the google TXT record to the DNS configuration (this step could be a real pain in the behind).

Copied the ID and Secret.

Log in With Google and External Accounts Associate with Google (same thing) both return 401.

I've added the google TXT record to the primary domain record, but it hasn't verified yet (takes a bit before google can see it).

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

Make sure you don't have any spaces either side of the ID or secret.

I had this same problem until I looked at the URL it was creating and realised that the highlighted ID and secret when you copy it from the Google developer website has a space at both ends.

Top Bottom