Fixed The native emojis of the device are shown and not those of JoyPixels.

And what's really pitiful... this is coming from someone with a decade of XF use that was a strong proponent of it. They seem to have "lost their way" recently.
Indeed. At this point it is starting to feel more-and-more like XF is just a 'side hustle' for the guys who are still left.

Will there be a version update related to emojis? The emoji issue has been ongoing for 3 months. 2.2.13?? @Chris D
The span between third point releases has, in fact, been about every three months (I checked the announcements forum to see). So, by that standard, we are due for a maintenance release but just barely. I don't see that this emoji issue would merit an OOB patch (e.g. 2.2.11) like a security issue would. So there's no problem here that I see.

View attachment emoticon error.mp4
Made a video to illustrate it to those people not 100% sure what is going on.
These are the settings:
1.jpg
In my opinion, this is more urgent than taking 3 months to fix. A vibrant community uses emojis a lot. Particularly to convey humour in a sarcastic comment. And having different emojis presented in the editor to those in the resulting post is confusing and particularly frustrating when the output emojis are crap. Like they are.

Unfortunately, the implmented solution here is highly inefficient. When dealing with a large array such as emoji list, using array_search() will result in poor performance, particularly if the page contains numerous emojis. To address this issue, it is recommended to either utilize the solution provided in this post, or alternatively, flip the $unicode_replace array and perform key-based lookups instead.
also I find no reason to use this part of regex in formatEmojiToImage method .. $client->ignoredRegexp .. it is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom