Fixed The native emojis of the device are shown and not those of JoyPixels.

There is no need to patch the file to change the MaxCDN URL for TwEmoji (unless you care that the example emojis are displayed in ACP), just changing the option to supply a working CDN URL manually is enough.

Last edited:
He says that the front-end is more important that the back-end.
Better that the emojis works rather a warning message in the ACP... I agree !
Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 6.59.54 AM.png

Pretty sure putting the CloudFlare CDN there for Twemoji will work instead of editing a PHP file. In the mean time, I have no issue so far with my settings since moving from the native device emoji.

Pretty sure putting the CloudFlare CDN there for Twemoji will work instead of editing a PHP file.
The PHP file edit fixes the JoyPixel emojis (see title). There's a own thread for the Twemoji bug:

The PHP file edit fixes the JoyPixel emojis (see title). There's a own thread for the Twemoji bug:

Did you actually read that thread... the Twemoji can be pointed at CloudFlare.. which SHOULD be able to be done by the very data point I provided... WITHOUT having to edit a PHP file.
As for JoeyPixel.. so far, I haven't had any issues since moving from Native to JoyPixel. Are there possible issues.. Yep... as apparently the Emoji setup is totally blown, especially with the MaxCDN issue.

Last edited:
He is right .. you've replied to the wrong thread. changing CDN has nothing to do with this issue.
Really...
Your VERY reply refutes that statement (albeit the ACP still has issues).

JoyPixel remains another incident... something that I have already commented on in the bug fix area.

I'm still seeing these issues with Twemoji after switching the CDN. The issues started for me immediately after I upgraded xenForo to the most recent version. I haven't applied the patch yet.

Is anyone else seeing something different?

I'm still seeing these issues with Twemoji after switching the CDN. The issues started for me immediately after I upgraded xenForo to the most recent version. I haven't applied the patch yet.

Is anyone else seeing something different?
Honestly.. for me, the smiley/emoji's for posts are not a high priority. I simply left them at JoyPixel and so far I have not had any issues.

Really...
Your VERY reply refutes that statement (albeit the ACP still has issues).

JoyPixel remains another incident... something that I have already commented on in the bug fix area.
This resolves the Twemoji issue for 2.2.11 and older versions where this bug doesn't exist.
The current issue has nothing to do with CDN .. it is about converting unicode emojis to filenames.

Last edited:
@Tracy Perry don't be vain and try to be better informed on the issue.
while there is a definite problem with twemoji CDN source link, there is still the issue from this thread. and for you it might be unimportant, but for someone else it could be different, do not participate in the discussion just to dissuade other users.

luckily, @K a M a L 's solution works like a charm! thank you good sir :)

don't be vain and try to be better informed on the issue.
No "vanity" to it.... simple fact is... I use the JoyPixel's setting and the default CDN setting and am having NO issues currently.
I DID have issues with the native emojis.
And I don't recommend folks editing PHP code unless the "fix" comes from the developers.

It is what it is... we all pretty much know that self-install licenses aren't "bringing home the bacon" any longer.. so a long time was spent on developing a cloud solution to stabilize the company income stream. Now that it is in existence... maybe the developers will get off the stick and light the fires under a newer release. Hell, there are enough "bug reports" present that a new 2.2.x should be released shortly, not even thinking about 2.3.
And what's really pitiful... this is coming from someone with a decade of XF use that was a strong proponent of it. They seem to have "lost their way" recently.

Top Bottom