The LandOfOoo - Adventure Time Fan Community

Wiscansan

4YuZkxO.png

Hello!

The LandOfOoo is a large online fan community dedicated to the TV cartoon series Adventure Time. We've been around since 2010 and started out with phpBB and over time worked our way through IPB and recently onto XenForo.

The current design we have for the community is something I've been working on for the past few days. The original theme/framework is a highly customized version of CyberAP's Charm theme. Please tell me if you have any suggestions for how I can improve the overall design.

Our most notable feature is our "Stories" section which is just a modified version of the resource manager. Some upcoming things I want to add is a episode review system for new episodes and possibly our own wiki for the show.

If you're a fan of the show Adventure Time or just want to hang out feel free to join!

Thanks,
Tom :)

Looks great, Cyber has a great theme period but honestly I love what you've done. It's great to see users take a premium theme and go above it's normal look :D.

I for one prefer fixed width but just my opinion. Great job!

What mod are you using to "Start your adventure"? Very nice site :)
He just changed the Registration phrase from "Sign Up". Search sign_up and you'll find all three instances.

One thing I noticed: Your "Start your Adventure!" link that's in the notice (not the side bar) works with JavaScript enabled (nifty!), but will fail on non-JS browsers. It uses {xen:link 'login'} which can't be done in notices / other phrases. I suggest hard coding this since it is custom to your forum. (y)

Thanks for the feedback. :)

He just changed the Registration phrase from "Sign Up". Search sign_up and you'll find all three instances.

One thing I noticed: Your "Start your Adventure!" link that's in the notice (not the side bar) works with JavaScript enabled (nifty!), but will fail on non-JS browsers. It uses {xen:link 'login'} which can't be done in notices / other phrases. I suggest hard coding this since it is custom to your forum. (y)

Ah, thanks. I'll get to work on that.

That's one sweet looking theme. (y)

Would have liked to see more of those greens reducing the blue prominence but regardless of that liking the style alot.

Agreed, I'm blown away from what I've seen on the frontpage, customize it further thread and forum view. Either way, you have one hell of a theme there. Best of luck with your adventure (y)

That's one sweet looking theme. (y)

Would have liked to see more of those greens reducing the blue prominence but regardless of that liking the style alot.

I considered that but I can't seem to find anywhere I could add it where it would fit aesthetically. Any ideas?

I considered that but I can't seem to find anywhere I could add it where it would fit aesthetically. Any ideas?

Something that jumps out and I feel would be nice in the green are the node icons but I think a different icon per forum would like nice so the prominent blue is broken down a little would look good. But even as it is now, I really like the theme regardless and I'm not a blue theme Fan but this style I think is one of the best blue themes I've seen for xenforo.

Dunno if you would agree but the navigation dropdown menus I also think would look great in that green also. Thoughts on that?
I didn't think of doing those. I'll play around with them later today.

In the meantime, I tried to inject some more green into the node list by using your tutorial to add the "NEW" indicators after each node title. Here's what I came up with:

new_indicator.webp

Really not liking the node icons now. I'm not good with icons so I'll have to find someone to make the Adventure Time themed ones for the node icons.

I didn't think of doing those. I'll play around with them later today.

In the meantime, I tried to inject some more green into the node list by using your tutorial to add the "NEW" indicators after each node title. Here's what I came up with:

View attachment 45577

Really not liking the node icons now. I'm not good with icons so I'll have to find someone to make the Adventure Time themed ones for the node icons.

Nice, that alone really breaks the blue out adding the new post indicator. Nice work. :)

It's rather slow when scrolling, however I would give the forum an A+ on the design, whether it was your custom theme or you bought it, it looks amazing and goes great with your Favicon XD Good job :)

Looking nice. Like BlackCobra I found it a little slow when scrolling, though I think someone said this is a Firefox issue when you have a fixed background?

You've lots of nice space in the side bar in the main page to add some nice stuff - latest threads etc?

One thing I did notice, this might be inherited from your conversion, some first posts have some HTML in them:

Screen shot 2013-05-06 at 10.19.55.webp
This sort of thing is usually easy to fix by doing a search and replace (in the database posts table or using Kier's post search and replace add-on) to look for "<br/>" in posts and replace it with "" (or with carriage return might be better to preserve some intended line breaks?).

Top Bottom