Oro Jackson - A Fan Community

Nice site and forum. Question. Is the log in with facebook option an extra fee with this software or is it included in the normal cost. Thanks

Nice site and forum. Question. Is the log in with facebook option an extra fee with this software or is it included in the normal cost. Thanks
Integration with facebook is included with XenForo, you have like/tweet/g+ buttons on all pages + the ability for users to log in with their facebook accounts.
http://xenforo.com/help/facebook/

And I used this template modification to show in on the sign up now sidebar area - http://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-a-facebook-login-button-to-the-visitor-panel.412/

We created a design similar to our site on the forum as well, our members love the new design and site update we just pushed out ^^ And surprisingly after our site went live number of unique visitors went up, we created a new record for ourselves on May 7th where the number of unique visitors were 1240! The highest we had before was 480.

A few screenshots of the new forum design
nakamatheme1.webp nakamatheme2.webp nakamatheme3.webp

We created a design similar to our site on the forum as well, our members love the new design and site update we just pushed out ^^ And surprisingly after our site went live number of unique visitors went up, we created a new record for ourselves on May 7th where the number of unique visitors were 1240! The highest we had before was 480.

A few screenshots of the new forum design
View attachment 29299 View attachment 29300 View attachment 29301

very good looking forum. Was all of that customization done through the color modifier or was major coding / purchasing skins involved?

very good looking forum. Was all of that customization done through the color modifier or was major coding / purchasing skins involved?
A mixture of modifying colors + custom css for parts of the site.

We just set the colors on one basic red via the modifier, then moved on to editing everything in style properties and a bit extra css rules where0-ever needed (calltoaction buttons, general buttons etc).

We made the skin on our own, so there wasn't any purchasing required :P

A mixture of modifying colors + custom css for parts of the site.

We just set the colors on one basic red via the modifier, then moved on to editing everything in style properties and a bit extra css rules where0-ever needed (calltoaction buttons, general buttons etc).

We made the skin on our own, so there wasn't any purchasing required :p

Love that skin, very nice job! I think a skin like that would be very accessible if you were to release it as a (paid) resource, simply shifting the colors one could easily make it their own.

We have completed a year today, and I am very happy to say that we came a long way. For our niche we hadn't expected such a good response, our members are awesome and we are planning to keep growing ^^ We made an annual report for our members to show them basic OJ statistics. And our members are also happy that we completed a year.

Thanks XenForo, I bet the forum wouldn't be filled with smiling faces if it were any other software.

We are almost 2 years old now, lots of changes have taken place and lots of new members have joined. We started as such a small bunch and I'm happy that we've grown to where we are now. A big thanks to XenForo.

We've also been getting a lot of unique visitors thanks to search engines and referrals, 60%+ of our visits are unique (according to analytics). Not much going on with our forum default style, though we plan to make a new and improved one once we are running 1.2, we have loads of idea.

We are also going to hold an event, which we call "Davy Back Fight", it divides the users into 3 factions (Pirates, Marines, Revolutionaries) and then the three factions compete in a series of events, we have a friend who's a programmer helping us a bit, we'll be having dedicated pages for Davy Back Fight which interact with the forum (such as being able to "join" groups (Marines, Pirates, Revo's) from another page, each faction having its own page etc.) We can't wait to reveal it all to our members as well! :)
UXWe5Mu.png

Oh, we had a change of logo as well recently! What you see here as my avatar is the logo, it can also be viewed on the site. We redesigned our logo because our previous logo, although matching our communities name and genre was not easy to "remember" or "recognize" for new fans/those who don't know the series we are a fan community of so well. The new logo contains more iconic content from the series we are a fan community of, thus making it easier for people to relate and recognize. We also made this change since we plan to create T-Shirts for our community!

On paper I shouldn't be liking this style but seeing it live you've done a great job with it (I like radius and not keen on all the same colouring) but nice looking theme indeed. Excellent work with regards to the implemented colour usage you've deployed. (y)

One suggestion though, Change the colour of the .breadcrumb .jumpMenuTrigger icon since i don't think the blue icon suits the red theme at all. Otherwise really sweet looking style. :)

Your forum looks pretty nice, and nice domain! I also have an One Piece forum (not using XF, though). It's certainly one of my favorite anime/manga series.

Good luck with your forum, the event looks interesting. :)

On paper I shouldn't be liking this style but seeing it live you've done a great job with it (I like radius and not keen on all the same colouring) but nice looking theme indeed. Excellent work with regards to the implemented colour usage you've deployed. (y)

One suggestion though, Change the colour of the .breadcrumb .jumpMenuTrigger icon since i don't think the blue icon suits the red theme at all. Otherwise really sweet looking style. :)
Thanks Shelley! That means a lot coming from you :)

I've had that menu trigger icon change pending for sooo long, seems that I'm lazy to do that small thing haha. Will get to it...eventually xD

Your forum looks pretty nice, and nice domain! I also have an One Piece forum (not using XF, though). It's certainly one of my favorite anime/manga series.

Good luck with your forum, the event looks interesting. :)
Aha nice! Yep, One Piece is my favorite anime/manga series and for a lot of our members :p Glad that you think the event looks interesting, because we are working a lot behind the scenes to make it epic!

Last edited:
We began the big event planned! It's called "Davy Back Fight"

It divides the members into 3 factions, and each faction then battles each other in a series of events. The factions are based on the factions that exist in the series (One Piece) of which we are a fan community. We've done quite some custom work (and will be doing more) for the event.

The first major job we did for this event is making it easy to "join" the factions. Each faction has a unique usergroup on the forum, once a user "joins" that faction we wanted the user to be automatically a part of that usergroup and gain access to private forum for that faction. A friend of ours helped us out with this! - http://orojackson.com/davybackfight/ - from here users can join a faction, and it also shows the current number of members in that faction along with other statistics used in the event.

Each faction also has its own page which can be viewed by clicking the "learn more" button, and this page displays a list of members (with their forum avatar) and other statistics of the faction. We haven't yet added all that we are working on, because now the factions are in a "recruiting" period where they get more members for their faction, but once the games/events kicks of even users get their own custom pages for the event (with the styling based on their faction choice) and lots of more exciting stuff that we are working on like achievements, experience, ranking etc.

This is the first of it's kind event on our board and the largest event we've planned. So we are all pretty excited :D

Great site you have there mate. You really focused on the details to give it the OP feel, respect. Your new logo is also looking amazing. Best of luck with your site and event.

Great site you have there mate. You really focused on the details to give it the OP feel, respect. Your new logo is also looking amazing. Best of luck with your site and event.
Thank you :) We'll be working on a new forum style after 1.2 upgrade, we hope to make the forum look even better and even more OP-ier :D

@Sage Knight, we're finally running 1.2.1 :D

We've updated the site, made quite some changes along with the addition of a new style titled "Pirate Hunter" based on the character Roronoa Zoro from One Piece

It has been received well from our member base, would like some other feedback here as well :) http://orojackson.com/

Would like to bump the topic to inform everyone that we have developed a new style for our forum. We based it on the protagonist of One Piece who is known as "Straw Hat Luffy"

The style is viewable here - http://orojackson.com/forums/ (it's the default)

Feedback is appreciated :)

Edit: Two screenshots for those who want a preview before visiting :P
SS1.webp SS2.webp

Last edited:
Yeah, liking the style. Specifically liking the colours used such as the reds and beige's - it really has a homely feel to it. Messageuserinfo is very nicely done, the longer avatars look great as do the rank images.

Can't really find anything to criticise on the style and suggest improvements since I'm a fan of the dark-ish reds you've used and the earthy colours. Excellent work @Divvens :thumbsup:

Top Bottom