Oro Jackson - A Fan Community

Yeah, liking the style. Specifically liking the colours used such as the reds and beige's - it really has a homely feel to it. Messageuserinfo is very nicely done, the longer avatars look great as do the rank images.

Can't really find anything to criticise on the style and suggest improvements since I'm a fan of the dark-ish reds you've used and the earthy colours. Excellent work @Divvens (y)
Thank you Shelly! :D Means a lot coming from you as stated before :)

The longer avatar is thanks to the wonderful @Jake Bunce, without his tutorial we'd be stuck with 150x150 messageuserinfo avatars :P Our community was demanding 150x300 (you'll find that a lot of anime communities have this avatar size), and we implemented it sometime early 2013. The rank images are done by my partner @Freeze (with art-work by this artist - http://coreymill.deviantart.com/gallery/28634233).

We reached 1000 members, we are around 4000 posts away from 100,000 posts, and we recently also hit 1000+ likes on our facebook fan page.

While we are still very young, the second year of our running has been really successful and we've been growing a lot! We average 1000 unique visits per day currently (which was just 200 8 months back!) Below is our Google Analytics stats from December 15 2013 to January 15 2014
Stats.webp

Due to the awesomenss of XenForo, our members finding the community very friendly and sticking around to discuss what they love and having got some now very loyal members, we are looking forward for this year to be one of the biggest years for us as we continue to grow everyday and gain new members more often than before!

I am very glad to say that Oro Jackson passed the 100,000 post milestone! We had just recently crossed the 1000 members milestone and we are glad to keep on sailing strong (our community is named after a ship)!

Such co-incidence, XF 1.3 Beta 1 release and us reaching 100,000 posts :D

Amazing site!

Love your layout. Great stuff you are doing in your forum!

I have not installed (yet) xenforo. I'm moving from SMF.

I see you have your "main" and a "forum" subdirectory. What you put on "main"? (that is, parent of forum). Is an add-on, or is configured somewhere?

Go Luffy go! :)

Congratulations!

Hey Congratulations!

It’s always nice to hear success stories :)
Thank you! :)

Amazing site!

Love your layout. Great stuff you are doing in your forum!

I have not installed (yet) xenforo. I'm moving from SMF.

I see you have your "main" and a "forum" subdirectory. What you put on "main"? (that is, parent of forum). Is an add-on, or is configured somewhere?

Go Luffy go! :)
Good luck on the move (y)
You mean http://orojackson.com/ and http://orojackson.com/forums ?

That is possible in default by XenForo, you can set any page as your index using route filters http://xenforo.com/help/route-filters/

The content on the "home" page is plain html and css :P Not using any add-on of any kind currently, was using XenPorta (Portal) add-on previously but it caused quite a bit of problems.

And the moment has come, the moment that all community administrators mostly like, we have outgrown our shared hosting environment and are making the jump out of shared!

I can't believe this is happening, it is so exciting that the little kid inside me is jumping uncontrollably, is it weird to feel this way? :D I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight, haha.

Kudo's to XenForo, we built a community using one of the best software available and I've loved every second of administrating my community.

And the moment has come, the moment that all community administrators mostly like, we have outgrown our shared hosting environment and are making the jump out of shared!

I can't believe this is happening, it is so exciting that the little kid inside me is jumping uncontrollably, is it weird to feel this way? :D I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight, haha.

Kudo's to XenForo, we built a community using one of the best software available and I've loved every second of administrating my community.

Congratulations on that! What are you jumping to, hosting wise?

Congratulations on that! What are you jumping to, hosting wise?
On the same host, just upgrading plans from shared to semi-dedicated (it's a level below vps, but solid since it keeps the simplicity of shared while giving quite a lot more resource!)

I use MDDHosting (please note, its a referral link!) as my host :)

On the same host, just upgrading plans from shared to semi-dedicated (it's a level below vps, but solid since it keeps the simplicity of shared while giving quite a lot more resource!)

I use MDDHosting (please note, its a referral link!) as my host :)

Thanks! We're not quite ready to make that jump just yet, but if/when we do, I'll definitely keep them (and you're affiliate link) in mind!

I keep going back to your forum for inspiration.

Just today we had a small meeting for the way we are going to use our trophies and completely ended up discarding our work to try to emulate yours.

If it is ok with you I would like to copy your point system and make a few changes to fit our forum.

I keep going back to your forum for inspiration.

Just today we had a small meeting for the way we are going to use our trophies and completely ended up discarding our work to try to emulate yours.

If it is ok with you I would like to copy your point system and make a few changes to fit our forum.
Sure, go for it! We are going to make minor tweaks on our trophies soon (we are decreasing the amount of trophy points like based trophies award uses, because someone can just like-spam and climb the ladder), so keep that in mind! Award posts more than trophies, we are going to be editing ours to that format soon as well. Good luck! :)

Last edited:
I am not sure how I missed it, but we developed a new style, this one may not suit many due to the huge header but it works for my niche! Additionally, we've grown a lot lately, and our members just continue to love us more and more everyday, it's been a great experience and even a emotional one just recently when we broke our own past record and set a new record of 24,000 unique visitors on a day (previous record was 11k). May sound less, but to our growing board it's a big step, our average visits daily is around 1,200, and our average posts daily is currently 550.

The new style screenshots (link if someone wants to view it online - http://orojackson.com/misc/style?style_id=19&redirect=/forums/)
HeavenlyDemon01.webp HeavenlyDemon02.webp HeavenlyDemon03.webp

Quite a few of @Shelley's modifications was used to add a little more wow factor to the dark style, we decided to keep the post-bit light (grey) as we didn't want difference in the post colors that users use between dark and light styles available. We developed and made it live around 3 to 4 months back, and our users loved it (and still do!) :)

Edit: Also want to add that creating styles in XenForo keeps getting easier and easier! :D

Your forums are lowkey one of my favorite ones on Xenforo. I don't keep up with One Piece, but I find myself constantly back on your site just to see how you guys are doing.

Keep it up man, you guys are doing great!

stats-png.64952

Just an update, we completed our 3 years on August 20, 2014. And we have continued to grow and create content everyday, our members continue to support us and there is no boring moment on the forums :)
OJXenForoStats.webp

We've grown so much, it's amazing. What started out with just 20 visits a day now averages 4000+ visits a day, we have 320,000+ posts and 5,800+ topics, with 2500+ members!

I continue to thank xenForo for the wonderful software, as without the wonderful software the community wouldn't be the same at all.

Top Bottom